Buying CDs from Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

afbug

Aug 19, 2004
Planet SG™
I normally buy my CDs locally from the stores but I recently bought a CD from amazon (my 1st time) and it arrived in a cardboard box and its case was crush/damaged. Not serious but it cannot house a CD anymore.

Is it always like that or I'm just unlucky?

I am in the music cd industry leh...

You may want to write to the seller @ Amazon and ask for a replacement...:):bsmilie:

Har? Replacement? But the CD, inlay and artwork is fine. The case can be bought easily at SLS. I just want to know if the CDs always or often arrive like that.

well, to be frank, the CD and cardboard box may be packed really carefully with bubble layers inside for more protection.....

but the problem lies in the post...(sorry singpost), your box may be crushed under tonnes of packages and mails....so there may be a heavy object put on top of yours in the midst of sorting and delivery (in the mailbag). Plus, you never know your box may be a "flyer saucer/boomerang" during sorting at the centre..

I encountered customers saying their box broke or never received...it is normal...

just curious, which amazon (country) and seller you bought from?:bigeyes:

just curious, which amazon (country) and seller you bought from?:bigeyes:

Direct from amazon.com itself USA. It comes in just a cardboard box, no bubble layers or cushion.

hm...did u noe that your cd is from a 3rd party even though it put Amazon..:bsmilie:

well, to be frank, the CD and cardboard box may be packed really carefully with bubble layers inside for more protection.....

but the problem lies in the post...(sorry singpost), your box may be crushed under tonnes of packages and mails....so there may be a heavy object put on top of yours in the midst of sorting and delivery (in the mailbag). Plus, you never know your box may be a "flyer saucer/boomerang" during sorting at the centre..

I encountered customers saying their box broke or never received...it is normal...

super duper true... if i can opt, i surely opt out of Singpost...

I've ordered dozens of CDs and DVDs from them, never had anything lost or damaged. Amazon has in-house and third-party sellers. In-house is directly from them, and they pack it really safely with bubble wrap, etc.

hm...did u noe that your cd is from a 3rd party even though it put Amazon..:bsmilie:

Not always. Amazon itself has huge warehouses of goods.

I bought from amazon a few times, others from yesasia. Hrm, have not encounter any crashed casings before. :think:

probably came from my office one...they are bubble wrapped..:)

Now it's crushed. You can either:

1. Write to Amazon and get a replacement of the casing
  2. Live with it and just get a new CD case from SLS

I would suggest the latter, as it will save you the trouble of writing to them and waiting for their responses and requests to provide more details.

I've ordered many DVDs, books and other stuff from Amazon. None has been damaged so far. They will provide paper boxes with bubble wrap.

Yeah I'll just buy a case from SLS. I only wanna know if its always like that or I'm unlucky.

It seems like many arrive safe and I'm short changed of a bubble wrap! :bsmilie:

haha i think you are unlucky bah... my packages always come in with many many many bubble bags but i use UPS lar :D

Status
Not open for further replies.