Buying Canon 650D in Brunei

PolaroidShaker

Mar 24, 2012
I'm currently located in Brunei and would like to buy a 650D real soon, but in a dilemma of whether ti wait till I get back to SG @ April or get my hands on one ASAP so that I can do some snapping while I'm still here.

My only option is to buy from ebay.com, which i saw a good deal and ship here or buy from brunei stores, which I have a feeling would be much more exp compared to SG prices. But I have not done research on the brunei prices, but will do soon.

My only worries are:
1)Is buying online a good idea?
2)Canon provides international warranties?

Any advice would be a great help!

just buy online.

bhphoto good place.

1) Yes.
2) No.

@eleveninth Wow thanks for the bhphoto info. Surprisingly i didnt come across that website yet. USD719.53 sounds like a good deal for a "Canon EOS Rebel T4i Digital Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens"

@dodgethis Thanks for the great info. DO u have any experience with BHPhoto? I have sent an email question regarding warranty to them asking for more info but if you could provide me in advance it would be good. Basically we have to RMA the item and pay for the shipping costs ourselves right?

@eleveninth Wow thanks for the bhphoto info. Surprisingly i didnt come across that website yet. USD719.53 sounds like a good deal for a "Canon EOS Rebel T4i Digital Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens"

@dodgethis Thanks for the great info. DO u have any experience with BHPhoto? I have sent an email question regarding warranty to them asking for more info but if you could provide me in advance it would be good. Basically we have to RMA the item and pay for the shipping costs ourselves right?

BHphoto is good.

I lived there for 3 years some 10 years back. Does Brunei even have a canon service centre? lol. if not then yes you have to ship it back to the states, but honestly I've not used any of the warranties of my gear ever.

BHphoto is good.

I lived there for 3 years some 10 years back. Does Brunei even have a canon service centre? lol. if not then yes you have to ship it back to the states, but honestly I've not used any of the warranties of my gear ever.

I doubt there's any official service centers over here. Wouldnt make any difference anyways if I were to buy a local (BN) set because I'll be back in SG mid April so still no warranty.

High chances I'll get from BHPhoto because I've got another interested buyer with me!

BHPhotos got back to me and they told me they have this extended INTERNATIONAL warranty thingy provided by themselves called "SquareTrade Protection" 2years for USD$95 and 3years for USD$125. Send it for repair at their selected repair centers in SG and then send the proof of reciept so they can reimburse you. I dont think I'll be paying more for it... I always keep my devices safe haha.

Last edited:
I doubt there's any official service centers over here. Wouldnt make any difference anyways if I were to buy a local (BN) set because I'll be back in SG mid April so still no warranty.

High chances I'll get from BHPhoto because I've got another interested buyer with me!

BHPhotos got back to me and they told me they have this extended INTERNATIONAL warranty thingy provided by themselves called "SquareTrade Protection" 2years for USD$95 and 3years for USD$125. Send it for repair at their selected repair centers in SG and then send the proof of reciept so they can reimburse you. I dont think I'll be paying more for it... I always keep my devices safe haha.

Good choice. Just remember that when you are back, be sure to get yourself a good dry cabinet because Singapore weather is very humid, you do not want mushroom to grow in your lens (exaggeration hahaha)

if you wanna save abit more can try using comgateway.

the shipping from BH should be around 40 - 50 ish usd.

@rhino123 that would be great! I can harvest them for cooking once in a while. ;p Thanks for the tip. Will read up on dry cabinets.

@eleveninth Really? I always get hesitant to use services like comgateway because i cant be certain how the retailer is going to package it what size will the box be and it might even cost more some times. But so far my experience with them were good. But this time the package will be heavier so I'm in a dilemma.

Anybody with prior experience using comgateway for DSLRs? Is it really cheaper? I'm getting 2 sets with basic kits included (extra batt, camera bag and stuff)

Shipping Calculator for Comgateway

PolaroidShaker said:
@rhino123 that would be great! I can harvest them for cooking once in a while. ;p Thanks for the tip. Will read up on dry cabinets.

@eleveninth Really? I always get hesitant to use services like comgateway because i cant be certain how the retailer is going to package it what size will the box be and it might even cost more some times. But so far my experience with them were good. But this time the package will be heavier so I'm in a dilemma.

Anybody with prior experience using comgateway for DSLRs? Is it really cheaper? I'm getting 2 sets with basic kits included (extra batt, camera bag and stuff)

Shipping Calculator for Comgateway

bhphoto packages are usually done quite well. as in they wont use a bloody big box but inside pnly 1 sd card. so shouldnt be a problem.

if u wanna be safe can just ship direct. since u are sharing with a friend im guessing

bhphoto packages are usually done quite well. as in they wont use a bloody big box but inside pnly 1 sd card. so shouldnt be a problem.

if u wanna be safe can just ship direct. since u are sharing with a friend im guessing

Ok, Ive decided not to use comgateway. I used the calculator provided and played around with it and it looks like shipping to brunei is 3x more expensive than shipping to SG (Even for small packages). So inferring from that, shipping to brunei is just too expensive. :confused:

Ok, Ive decided not to use comgateway. I used the calculator provided and played around with it and it looks like shipping to brunei is 3x more expensive than shipping to SG (Even for small packages). So inferring from that, shipping to brunei is just too expensive. :confused:

how much is shipping to Brunei?