Buying cameras in japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelangel

Aug 22, 2006
I am going to Japan next month and interested in buying a Nikon or Cannon DSLR. Anyone has experience buying overseas especially in japan? Is the price there much lower than singapore? What about the warraty?

body no international warranty. You might get prices slightly lower than grey prices, that is about it. unless you pick up a cheap 2nd hand body.

Generally yes if you factor in their membership discount (you can sign up on the spot) and tax free if you bring along your passport....also bring a lot of cash becoz credit card will incurr extra charges :thumbsup:

Generally yes if you factor in their membership discount (you can sign up on the spot) and tax free if you bring along your passport....also bring a lot of cash becoz credit card will incurr extra charges :thumbsup:
When I was at Yodabashi, I paid by credit, there was no extra charge.

tax free in Japan, but coming back here need to pay GST?

No leh Yodabashi even charged me the tax-free price after I paid by CC. :)

I believe Yodabashi wont give you membership "rebate" if you buy using CC. The membership rebate is something like money rebate that you can use for future purchase. May not matter much if you dont plan to go back there and buy more equipment. Pricelist itself should be the same ...

Yup (unless you are part if a religious guitar forum who believe that it does apply to them).

Does unwrapping the box, or should say getting rid of box, works?

Does unwrapping the box, or should say getting rid of box, works?

Do what you think is right lor... you never fly back to singapor b4 meh? nobody is going to strip search you or anything. Just look around when you arrive in singapore.

Do what you think is right lor... you never fly back to singapor b4 meh? nobody is going to strip search you or anything. Just look around when you arrive in singapore.

never bought anything exp from overseas thats y.. :p

I believe Yodabashi wont give you membership "rebate" if you buy using CC. The membership rebate is something like money rebate that you can use for future purchase. May not matter much if you dont plan to go back there and buy more equipment. Pricelist itself should be the same ...

Yeah I won't be going back that often since I'm not based in Japan. :) But the prices there are still pretty alright. Some are more expensive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.