Buying an Imac now. Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
when the new leopard comes out, will it be too "leychey" to change the OS ?

It might be, if you are going to install lots of stuff before the launch. Wait for a few months and it will be worth your while. You might have to fork out more money to buy the OS too.

The iMac should be revised within a few weeks so it might not be a good time to buy.

Leopard will be out in October, if things go right.

till now everything seems to be rumours. nothing concrete as of now. os is "supposed" to be launch in oct. den again, seems like it may be delayed as wat happened to iphone and apple tv. my guess is year end nearer christmas or perhaps early jan.

:cry: thats sad to hear

why the impulse ? good things come to those who wait. :thumbsup:

;)
why the impulse ? good things come to those who wait. :thumbsup:

Feel like having a Laptop(for fun?) and an I/mac book seems to be the right choice

wait till Leopard is out.

;)

Feel like having a Laptop(for fun?) and an I/mac book seems to be the right choice

well, imac is a desktop...laptops would be macbook or the macbook pro. get the macbook if u need one now. get the leopard when it reachs 10.5.3/4. thats my advice :)

till now everything seems to be rumours. nothing concrete as of now. os is "supposed" to be launch in oct. den again, seems like it may be delayed as wat happened to iphone and apple tv. my guess is year end nearer christmas or perhaps early jan.

Apple announced that Leopard would be available in October, so it's very, very likely that will happen, even if it is 31 October. They delayed it so that iPhone would launch on time.

I'm not sure what you think happened to iPhone but it wasn't delayed. Some people had been claiming an Apple phone since 2004 but they weren't even working on one then.

Actually just got my family an iMac a week ago. As a long time Mac user, my buying cycle has always been towards the end of the OS cycle. I favour stability of the OS over being an early adopter of new software where the bugs may not be fully ironed out.

thinking of getting a macbook to play play.... but also abit the late right? :dunno:

thinking of getting a macbook to play play.... but also abit the late right? :dunno:

Better late than never.

The waiting game never ends. You can wait and wait for newer technology and eventually get nothing.

leopard due in oct 2007

source apple singapore

and normally during the last quarter of the year there will be product update and/or sales
to catch the xmas buying fever

so it is up to you, oct is just 3 months away
if you can't wait, i can sell you my powerbook g4 to play with

Not late since the MacBook line was just updated.

I still keep hearing that there is a big revision due, but there is some other machine due out before that.

Yeah... I just got the new MacBook Pro. The LED screen is brighter, and use less power... cool. Rumour is that the next big revision is for the iMac series, and that it will be out on 7th Aug.

leopard due in oct 2007

source apple singapore

and normally during the last quarter of the year there will be product update and/or sales
to catch the xmas buying fever

so it is up to you, oct is just 3 months away
if you can't wait, i can sell you my powerbook g4 to play with

If leopard is released in Oct, will Singapore get it in Oct or have to wait till few months after Oct?

Status
Not open for further replies.