Buying a monitor from B&H

insanne

Jan 23, 2002
Visit site
Hi All,

am considering to getting a monitor from B&H cos it cos more than $500 to get it locally.

Just wondering if anyone has experiences buying bulky items from B&H and shipping it into SGP?

Any inputs are appreciated
Many thanks!

How much is it locally? Do consider the cost of shipping a bulky/heavy item plus GST.

How much is it locally? Do consider the cost of shipping a bulky/heavy item plus GST.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

The $500 plus difference is after the addition of all misc costs.

is warranty covered here? i only get stuff that doesn't break or unavailable from bh. like bags, pocketwizards.

What monitor exactly? It's hard to believe a $500 difference...

Maybe what he meant is that the monitor sold here would have cost more than $500 and ordering from B&H is cheaper.:bsmilie: However ts, have you included the shipping cost and tax to bring in the item to Singapore?

Last edited:
1kg is about SGD20 ... B&H ships with alot of bubble foam and wraps.... but mornitor i'd rather get local....unless savings is more than SGD200 and that sgd200 is like 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the item ... my 2 cents

i am also wondering. Maybe it is a high end model not often carried locally.

Last edited:
Hi All,

thank you for the replies.

1kg is about SGD20 ... B&H ships with alot of bubble foam and wraps.... but mornitor i'd rather get local....unless savings is more than SGD200 and that sgd200 is like 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the item ... my 2 cents

Shipping of the monitor is via UPS. Cost estimates about USD$250. That's about 1/5 the cost of the monitor.

Maybe what he meant is that the monitor sold here would have cost more than $500 and ordering from B&H is cheaper.:bsmilie: However ts, have you included the shipping cost and tax to bring in the item to Singapore?

Yes, that's what I meant. Apologies for not being clearer. All additional costs are factored in.

It's an NEC 27" monitor. It's about $450 more if you want to be more exact ;)

is warranty covered here? i only get stuff that doesn't break or unavailable from bh. like bags, pocketwizards.

That's the issue now. Just found out that the warranty is US, so I am really hesitating now. I thought that it will be an international warranty.

i am also wondering. Maybe it is a high end model not often carried locally.

Yes, it's a high end model. Can order but have to wait 45 days. I think I can get it in 5 days if I where to order from B&H.