Buying a lens hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megabyte

Jul 16, 2003
Singapore, East
Hi,

Do you know where I can get a lens hood resembling the Canon Lens Hood EW-83II for my 52mm lens thread. I'm not looking for a rubber collapsible hood. Could you please advise me? Thank you !

ya... i also looking for a flower hood... 52 or 58mm.... but Cp say flower hood does not sell separtely... it come with the lens... :(

Originally posted by Megabyte
Hi,

Do you know where I can get a lens hood resembling the Canon Lens Hood EW-83II for my 52mm lens thread. I'm not looking for a rubber collapsible hood. Could you please advise me? Thank you !

May i know what is the diff btw the original and the collapsible kind? Is the shape diff? Does it not work as well (for whatever reason)? Thanx.

(i have never seen the collapsible kind.)

the collapsible is made of rubber... and is round ype.. quite ugly.. the original should be in a flower shape either plastic or metal...correct me if i am wrong

Hi,

what lens you want to use that on?

hi there,how about 52mm thread size digital camera?
hope someone enlight me as i'm also looking for this item.
went to see the rubber type and dun really like it.

For professional, precision, beautiful looking metal lenshoods, go for the German made Heliopan brand.

Buy a step-up ring 52mm to 62mm.
Buy a 1.5cm Heliopan metal hood 62mm filter size.
Can even buy the optional metal cover to cap over the lenshood for further lens protection.

Heliopan manufacture top quality Zeiss glass filters. They also produce high quality step-up step-down filter rings, bayonet or screw mounted.

Originally posted by ToMyself
For professional, precision, beautiful looking metal lenshoods, go for the German made Heliopan brand.

Can even buy the optional metal cover to cap over the lenshood for further lens protection.

Heliopan manufacture top quality Zeiss glass filters. They also produce high quality step-up step-down filter rings, bayonet or screw mounted.

where to buy and how much?

Originally posted by tweakmax2
where to buy and how much?

As above...i dun think they sell in sg
if got maybe tweakmax2 can buy for me.:devil: :bsmilie:

Heliopan products can be purchased at Lucky Chinatown building which is directly across People's Park Complex. The photo store is on either the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Do not remember the price because I bought the lenshood more than a year ago.

Originally posted by zaxh81
if got maybe tweakmax2 can buy for me.:devil: :bsmilie:

There are those who are really in need of facts. Be helpful. Don't think, be sure.

ok,ok...
i past by that shop once and they sold those items that seem antique and pro...
and for ur(toMYself) info.THATS A FACT!!!!!

if got <----

Also pls learn more english...
check in the dic for the word IF!!!!

Originally posted by ToMyself

Thanks ToMyself,

The information sure is useful.

Hi,

I hope to use it along with my Hoya 81B lens

huh??? you don't really know what a lens hood is really for, do you?

Originally posted by mervlam
huh??? you don't really know what a lens hood is really for, do you?

Hi,

As you can see, I'm quite a newbie in photography, I recall reading it about the lens hood somewhere. I also saw the rubber lens hood suitable for my digicam. Somehow, I do not fancy the rubber collapsible lens hood. I wonder if I could get my hands on the flower lens hood.

ok,ok...
i past by that shop once and they sold those items that seem antique and pro...
and for ur(toMYself) info.THATS A FACT!!!!!

I won't deny your FACT that you PAST by that shop. Neither would I deny the fact that you DO NOT KNOW that the shop sells the lenshood.

By hinting to Tweakmax(If got Maybe.....) with your smiley and devil only goes to show how quickly you use sarcasm to undermind my post.

Your plea to me to check the dictionary to know YOUR meaning of "IF" will only reflect your defensiveness for my catching your bluff.

As of now, none of your post here is informative.

That is a fact.

Hi,

As you can see, I'm quite a newbie in photography, I recall reading it about the lens hood somewhere. I also saw the rubber lens hood suitable for my digicam. Somehow, I do not fancy the rubber collapsible lens hood. I wonder if I could get my hands on the flower lens hood.

Um... so what did you recall reading about lens hoods?

Originally posted by ST1100
Um... so what did you recall reading about lens hoods?

for looking pro? :devil:
but the lens does looks pro when fitted with the original lens hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.