buying a lens for pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.

aungzawwin

Feb 16, 2008
the blue planet
hi,
just curious..
any of you ever buy, use or keep a lens because it is "good-looking to your eyes" or "you just like it without reason" or "nice to have this lens"... regardless of its performance or usefulness to you? :D
everybody would buy a lens only for its function & performance I suppose..

hi,
just curious..
any of you ever buy, use or keep a lens because it is "good-looking to your eyes" or "you just like it without reason" or "nice to have this lens"... regardless of its performance or usefulness to you? :D

:D
I don't find that lenses 'look good'.... they're functional items.
People might buy lenses with red or gold rings so they look more 'pro', but they'd likely still use those lenses.

I'm more likely to collect antique cameras for pleasure than lenses.

well. lenses arent cheap. probably the only ones that i might consider buying are lens babies. they do look good, and i quite like the effects. but for usability it will be super under utilised by me ~~

but seriously. if u ask me, i wont be spending for stuff i dun use haha

I once bought a lense just because I like it not because of its function then it turned out I never use it though so I sold it

I have lenses that I think they don't look cute :p but have to keep them as they are useful to me..
many times, I happen to buy lenses as they seem attractive :bsmilie: then I need to sell out when I realize they are just taking up space in the cabi most of the time..

if I had the cash, I would get the 200mm f/2L IS just because its a short cute white lens..

I hv had 11 lenses in my dry cab so I guess it's good to hv & give me 'satisfaction':lovegrin:

hi,
just curious..

think only the following type of people will do so

-people who r too rich, have money no where to spend
-people who r some kind of collector, maybe wanna open a museum in future
-stupid people

i gotten a minty Nikon afd 16mm FE from an overseas forum in a huff when it was sold for slightly less than the price of an el cheapo Zenitar russian fisheye.

Hardly use it. but does not seem a stupid thing either.

ryan

hi,
just curious..

If you have the spare cash and yen for such an appreciation, heck, why not?

Of course, others may mock you and all sorts of questions about your state of mental health or priorities may surface, but it's your money and it's your life, and none of their business. Who are we to judge?

i gotten a minty Nikon afd 16mm FE from an overseas forum in a huff when it was sold for slightly less than the price of an el cheapo Zenitar russian fisheye.

Hardly use it. but does not seem a stupid thing either.

ryan

my above comments r just my own personal sentiments, not meant to be an attack on anyone, hope the folks here don't take it too personal. end of day it's ur money ur call

my above comments r just my own personal sentiments, not meant to be an attack on anyone, hope the folks here don't take it too personal. end of day it's ur money ur call

no worries, no offence taken for me.

If you have the spare cash and yen for such an appreciation, heck, why not?

Of course, others may mock you and all sorts of questions about your state of mental health or priorities may surface, but it's your money and it's your life, and none of their business. Who are we to judge?

lens connoisseurs are an enviable breed of fellas

to put it in perspective... the cheapest car in singapore can already get u a very sizeable collection of lenses.......
Considering how many ppl have cars out there...... collecting lense can be considered a cheap hobby...

Just my perspective.

:D
I don't find that lenses 'look good'.... they're functional items.
People might buy lenses with red or gold rings so they look more 'pro', but they'd likely still use those lenses.

Haha!! and the blue logo with white wordings. LOL.

I cant find any good looking lense LOL any example? One of them i can think of is N58 f1.2 noct.

Last edited:
What is 'good looking' is subjective to an individual I guess.

Different folks will like different things and for different reasons.

I cant find any good looking lense LOL any example? One of them i can think of is N58 f1.2 noct.

u look like u got lots of good looking lenses too Donny. A connoisseur too ? ;p

ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.