buying a dslr camera need recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

stasystylez

Jun 23, 2008
hello guys,

i'm currently holding a sony A200 myself.

and my friend is looking to get a DSLR too.

his budget is around 1.1-1.5k

he is choosing between nikon and Canon.

canon 400d
canon 450d
canon 1000d

Nikon D60
Nikon D70
Nikon D80

i didn't introduce him Sony because i think nikon or canon will be a better idea.

thanks alot!

Last edited:
his budget is around 1.1-1.5k 450D,1000D;) or D70 i think can get these few

if thats the only budget, can consider K200D

3085148819_317cfa8741_b.jpg

got free short range and long range lens + dry box.

Probably will recommend a a700, just a bit above budget and better than all the others in the list , better viewfinder , good high iso performance. But if he wants a camera with the best dynamic range , almost 9.1 stops , he should get the a350 , got live view also.

Probably will recommend a a700, just a bit above budget and better than all the others in the list , better viewfinder , good high iso performance. But if he wants a camera with the best dynamic range , almost 9.1 stops , he should get the a350 , got live view also.

how much do they cost?

how much do they cost?

the a350 body is $1099, a700 is 1.5k odd body , can't remember. Of course if weatherproofing is your thing , then look no further than a olympus. All brands have their strengths. Try all the camera , see which one you like best in handling etc.

how much do they cost?
as someone said, you are not buying a DSLR but an entire system. Calculate how much the whole system including lens especially telephoto and maybe external flash as well as memory cards will cost you altogether.

i heard folks say the Nikon beats Canon wen it comes to dSLR but their compacts and prosumer lose out greatly to Canon...kinda agree....but i stil prefer stikin to the Sony 'a' models though......:thumbsup: savin for A900...actually dreaming for it.:cry:

i heard folks say the Nikon beats Canon wen it comes to dSLR but their compacts and prosumer lose out greatly to Canon...kinda agree....but i stil prefer stikin to the Sony 'a' models though......:thumbsup: savin for A900...actually dreaming for it.:cry:
Adolph Hitler may be getting an A900 also unless the D3x drop price..

what beats what depends on the application and skill of the photographer using the equipment. An example, very good lens on old body is good idea. Low end lens on new body not so good idea.

hello guys,

ot a bit, what brand of toilet paper should my friend buy? i have heard a lot about CUTIE brand, his budget is $2 to $4. i think best not to buy kleenex.. although i use it myself.

jokes aside, your friend should buy whatever he likes the feel of. all cameras on the market these days are at the very least, decent.

Adolph Hitler may be getting an A900 also unless the D3x drop price..

what beats what depends on the application and skill of the photographer using the equipment. An example, very good lens on old body is good idea. Low end lens on new body not so good idea.

yup u gotta point in the end it does heavily depend on the photographer...anyhow the A900 AND D3x is way above the 1-1.5k budget we're suppose to b talkin about...stil think should stick to the 'a' series though.:thumbsup: BTW i dunno bout Adolf Hitler...wat he woulda have done...tooo late now.joke

Well between the 3 canon models, i would recommend 450D as the specs are the best. Comparing 450D and 1000D, its 9 pt AF vs 7 pt AF, 3" LCD vs 2.5" LCD, 12.2 megapixel vs 10.1 megapixel.

Sum it up, it makes 450D look like an upgraded version of 1000D.

Well between the 3 canon models, i would recommend 450D as the specs are the best. Comparing 450D and 1000D, its 9 pt AF vs 7 pt AF, 3" LCD vs 2.5" LCD, 12.2 megapixel vs 10.1 megapixel.

Sum it up, it makes 450D look like an upgraded version of 1000D.

how about 5d mark II?

the specs even better. makes 5d mark II look like upgraded version of 450d

450d costs more, of course it will have more features. :angel:

yup u gotta point in the end it does heavily depend on the photographer...anyhow the A900 AND D3x is way above the 1-1.5k budget we're suppose to b talkin about...stil think should stick to the 'a' series though.:thumbsup: BTW i dunno bout Adolf Hitler...wat he woulda have done...tooo late now.joke
its never too late...supposedly historical reproductions have reached youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0

If your friend is really serious and 1.5k is the max budget...should really look at Fuji S5 Pro which is based on Nikon D200.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond300/
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06092502fujifilms5pro.asp

I think the most important is whether Liveview is needed?

Last edited:
also consider some of the other minor things that might not make the difference but If you get it , it will annoy the crap out of you. For example, I dont really like the digital sound of the 450d. After some thinking, I realised that If i got it, I would have a good camera, but I would be annoy at it everytime I took a shot :dunno: . So I decided to get something else.

I'm not saying the digital sound is not good. I'm just saying that I dont really like it and I feel that such small things, though small, might make a difference in getting a cam:D

just my 2 cents

how about 5d mark II?

the specs even better. makes 5d mark II look like upgraded version of 450d

450d costs more, of course it will have more features. :angel:

If you have the budget for 5d mark II and a passion to last the cost of the camera yup might as well go for the max. But the 5d mark II has the black spot issue.

its never too late...supposedly historical reproductions have reached youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwf2RShNV0

If your friend is really serious and 1.5k is the max budget...should really look at Fuji S5 Pro which is based on Nikon D200.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond300/
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06092502fujifilms5pro.asp

I think the most important is whether Liveview is needed?

ha ha..thanks for the link..wat a joke! stalin stuck to film and hitler wen digital!:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.