buying 3rd party lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanzw said:
well if budget allows. just buy original :thumbsup:

Not true. The Canon FE for example, is way so much expensive and so few people own. Almost none have gone up on the B&S section. People tend to look for Zenitars or Sigma FEs cos they're cheaper and the Sigma is quite close in optical quality and is $400 cheaper. ($700 cheaper if 2nd hand)

For other z00ms, take the Canon. The primes take the Canon too. Nothing beats L lenses or pseudo L lenses, unless you're on a tight budget. Alternatively, you can always rent a lens from the Service Wanted section. They're going for as low as $24 a day for 1 lens and I think its really worth it.

Oh well. Should I buy the 50mm f/1.2L? Well, I don't think so, too expensive. Unless the lens is really as high resolving as what they claim to be, then ok. But I'll rent one to try out first (assuming someone has bought the lens and is letting it out on loan lah)

Snoweagle said:
But really worth it....quality and performance also better.

problem is not everyone can afford this kind of cash to have the quality and performances they want.....maybe 50% of the people will just settle for 3rd party lens like me...:)

westwest1 said:
problem is not everyone can afford this kind of cash to have the quality and performances they want.....maybe 50% of the people will just settle for 3rd party lens like me...:)

3rd party of cos a lot cheaper. But i'll save for the original, even if it's a f/4 one.

Snoweagle said:
3rd party of cos a lot cheaper. But i'll save for the original, even if it's a f/4 one.

Think a f2.8 one will be better...;)

westwest1 said:
Think a f2.8 one will be better...;)

Of cos...u pay for what u get. But for a hobbyist like myself, no point spending big bucks for 2.8 unless i'm earning from my pics.

Snoweagle said:
Of cos...u pay for what u get. But for a hobbyist like myself, no point spending big bucks for 2.8 unless i'm earning from my pics.
since that the case, topping up a few hundred bucks to get a 3rd party f2.8 will be much better... unless it sucks completely...

ExplorerZ said:
since that the case, topping up a few hundred bucks to get a 3rd party f2.8 will be much better... unless it sucks completely...

Haha i'm converting from 3rd party to originals.

thnks everyone for all yr suggestions... urm a fren recommended the nikon 70-210mm lens.still thinkin over it...

Status
Not open for further replies.