Buyin travel backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Hi.....wonder if those familiar with travel backpacks can help?

Going to buy one tmr which will also be used for my backpacking trips next time. Been doing some research and it seems like Tatonka and Deuter are the better brands for a price range of around 100 +....

Will be going Queensway shopping centre to look at some...is it a good place to get backpacks? And may I know roughly the price range for how many L for the backpacks?

not sure of queensway , threre is a shop at shaw tower next to the food court selling such bags, otherwise u can always drop over to the building next to it , suntec at tower 3, level 3next to the eng wah cinema,

good travel bag protect your body frame n helps u to travel longer distance.

u must know wat u wanna put inside.
Reserve some space for maggi mee on your way there, and souvenir on your way back.

Personally, i'll recommend Karrimor. Their backpacks are quite well-built.

You can try the army market at beach road or sports connections.

Campus corners backpacks will blow you away!!! The price that is.....:bsmilie:

Campers Corner stuff are pretty ex... yeah, Karrimor not bad, and price is decent. Take a look at Sports connection as well, cos sometimes they have good discounts... I bought my 60L Osprey backpack for $200 after 50% discount....

nuts said:
Campers Corner stuff are pretty ex... yeah, Karrimor not bad, and price is decent. Take a look at Sports connection as well, cos sometimes they have good discounts... I bought my 60L Osprey backpack for $200 after 50% discount....

Hey nuts....any idea Karrimor is in what price range...cos usually such shops I think they will mark up the price right? So was hoping to get some guidelines on how much discount to ask for...

nuts said:

Yeah, can be expensive but the quality of the rucksacks is :thumbsup: and they know what they are talking about.

Also, there is a very good rucksack shop in Harbourfront level 2 or 3 i think, forgetten what its called (something sport, or sport something i think) they sell shoes too, but the rucksacks are cheaper and from very well known brands maybe around 200+ for 60L

Ah_Seng said:
Personally, i'll recommend Karrimor. Their backpacks are quite well-built.

You can try the army market at beach road or sports connections.

Campus corners backpacks will blow you away!!! The price that is.....:bsmilie:

Karrimor. :thumbsup:
My karrimor primary school dazs bag still ard... ;)
Good ol days.:think:

hi booangel,

just saw your thread. coincidentally, I have a top-of-the-line 50L Tatonka bagpack in mint condition which I've used only once to London last year. Bought at $280, willing to let you have it at a good price (that is if you have not bought a new one yet). It's top of the line, red. Will try to post you a pic if you are interested.

Camper's Corner is an ex place.

wadz d size u looking 4?

places 2 go..
. Camper's Corner
. Shaw Tower (its actually Sports Connection)
. Beach Rd ("army" market)
. Queensway (i personally not regular window shopper at there)

reliable brands
. Tatonka
. Eagle Creek
. Douter
. Etc

weblinks
www.greatoutdoors.com
www.sierraclub.com
www.backpacker.com

IMO, dun go looking 4 bags by brands, more important is its quality material, design (function-wise), price & comfort. ppl w/ small frame will hav a harder time looking 4 a large pack 2 fit their smaller frames...

hi booangel

dunno if you have bought a travel backpack. Here's pics of the one I'm thinking of selling (as promised).

Tatonka-Red-FrontEbay.jpg

Tatonka-Red-BackEbay.jpg

If you or anyone is interested, PM me. :D

pixie_genie said:
hi booangel

dunno if you have bought a travel backpack. Here's pics of the one I'm thinking of selling (as promised).

If you or anyone is interested, PM me. :D

Hi Pixie...sorry I think I will be buying a new one...paiseh....

went down to Queensway on Sat and found Karrimor Panther 65 L at $192

http://www.whiteandbishop-outdoor.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=497

...then a Tatonka 50+10 at $170...and a brand called Veude I think which was really comfortable also at 55+5L. The uncle asked me to carry and he exerted pressure by pulling down the bag until he trembled and I only felt the weight being exerted slightly on my hips and the area above my buttocks and ZERO weight on the shoulders.....is that the correct way to gauge if its good? By the way...the Tatonka material is codura...supposed to be better than polyester?

So is it right that those backpacks of about 60L will usually cost at least close to $200?

Hey nuts....Osprey 60L at $200...you got yourself a very good deal! I saw that day all at least 200 - 300...

Morphis said:
Karrimor. :thumbsup:
My karrimor primary school dazs bag still ard... ;)
Good ol days.:think:

Haha I also have. Umbro ones also still around. Draw-string type! :thumbsup:

Take a look at Eagle Creek. Expensive but good. :thumbsup:

u r right... u shold be carrying d weight on ur hip..., d shoulder is just to balance d whole thing.... or pull it close to ur body so u have a centralise weght...
sports connection @ peninsular not bad too ... got my 2nd bag, a Deuter 80+15 slightly under 200$....
BTW... where u heading to? could offer u tips if i've been there...

hi booangel,

I bought my Tatonka bagpack at Planet Traveller so the prices are a bit steeper. Yes, I believe codura is better then polyester (more durable and water resistant?). Do 'shop' around before you decide on one cos most bagpacks (once they are fully loaded) tend to be much harder for ladies like us to handle. ;)

Hmm... Donno whether would you be interested in a 84L. It is not the latest model from Eagle Creek. Duo-Zip off daypack system. Have got it last year, but my trip cancelled. Thus, it is in fact a brand new bag!

me using Deuter... very lasting... used it to chiong msia, india.... very good thou... but the straps... they need more paddings !!! (tats for me la... tsk.. the tatonka's padding is gooooood !! i like.. now i regret la...)

deuter is long lasting for me... but it looks like tatonka is more comfortable... :bsmilie:

droool....

Andy Ang said:
Hmm... Donno whether would you be interested in a 84L. It is not the latest model from Eagle Creek. Duo-Zip off daypack system. Have got it last year, but my trip cancelled. Thus, it is in fact a brand new bag!

Here's a pic:
1375_d.jpg

Mine is Dark Blue though.

It is the predecessor of: http://www.eaglecreek.com/10050.html but it is a zip-off system instead of the clip on.

:)

1/ Choose the light one for easy travel.
2/ Choose the correct size and dun overweight yourself.
3/ choose the durable and water resistant type.

And last must within your budget

Status
Not open for further replies.