Buyer file a chargeback !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
hi,

recently i sold a Gucci diaper bag for US$880 inclusive of shipping to a US bidder.
i send the item together with the original receipt via Speedpost courier (4 days) after the paypal sent me a payment confirmation.

2 days later,paypal send me an e-mail informing me that the buyer has file a chargeback thru the credit card company and they are going to limit my account access,and request my ultilty bill and proof of delivery for the Gucci bag.

i did what they request and send over the document by fax and received another e-mail from paypal asking for the Gucci bag original receipt,but i already send the receipt along with the bag liao leh..

lucky i have alrdy withdraw the $$ from the paypal account successfully :sweat:

what action can i take to protect myself ?

are they able to charge me for the payment ?

i e-mail the buyer but got no response from her either.

anyone with same experience?

kex said:
hi,

recently i sold a Gucci diaper bag for US$880 inclusive of shipping to a US bidder.
i send the item together with the original receipt via Speedpost courier (4 days) after the paypal sent me a payment confirmation.

2 days later,paypal send me an e-mail informing me that the buyer has file a chargeback thru the credit card company and they are going to limit my account access,and request my ultilty bill and proof of delivery for the Gucci bag.

i did what they request and send over the document by fax and received another e-mail from paypal asking for the Gucci bag original receipt,but i already send the receipt along with the bag liao leh..

lucky i have alrdy withdraw the $$ from the paypal account successfully :sweat:

what action can i take to protect myself ?

are they able to charge me for the payment ?

i e-mail the buyer but got no response from her either.

anyone with same experience?

I presume you have a relatively new paypal account. Usually on the onset you are given problems like this.

What you can do is give whatever documents that you have to paypal pertaining to this transaction. Also did you send to the buyer's confirm address ot jus any address that is given to you. paypal has a seller's protection of up to $1000, go read up on it.

Do not assume that you have no problems already because the $$ is taken out... they can easily charge it to your credit card that u have put online. Paypal is a real hassel when it comes to such things.. other than that they are quite easy to use.

let me know if i did not answer ur questions.. :)

i did send the item to the confirmed address and it is with a tracking number somemore leh..

u mean paypal can charge the amount to my card like dat ar ?

then seller very lugi leh..sian ½ liao..

i didn't know paypal got a seller protection,will go and read up on it..

thanks..

Tiger F*** one time enuff liao..

next time dun dare to use paypal anymore

definitely scum buyer. He want the item and not willing to pay. This is the flaw of using paypal for seller. That's why in ebay many seller do not accept paypal anymore.

If it hasn't already been charged to your credit card, why not quickly call up your credit card company and instruct them to cancel the card number and issue you a new number. Thats the best way to proceed.

Octane69 said:
Do not assume that you have no problems already because the $$ is taken out... they can easily charge it to your credit card that u have put online. Paypal is a real hassel when it comes to such things.. other than that they are quite easy to use.

kex said:
i did send the item to the confirmed address and it is with a tracking number somemore leh..

thanks..

Unfortunately, Paypal remains one of the better options to transfer small sums of money online.
However, there are many horror stories of Paypal users... Frozen accounts pending investigations etc..

kex said:

thanks..

yup.. paypal can do that... its part of the legal agreement when you sign up... go read it... i learnt it the hard way... another way is to call them directly... not advasiable unless its really necessary.. but 800usd is no joke... you can call them at office hours american time. number is on the website.. calling them will sometimes solve the problem immediately...

however be prepared to be put on hold for many minutes... have all your verification detail ready also...

paypal is f up if u dun take the necessary precaution... if u do.. it is one of the best online payment methods...

hi vince123123,

will they be able to charge me if i change my credit card ?

kex said:
hi vince123123,

they cant.. but ur account gets suspended... you also might light to check the user agreement you click agree on before u signed up for the account.

suspend my account is no big deal,coz inside kosong liao..will call up my credit card and cancel ..

kex said:
suspend my account is no big deal,coz inside kosong liao..will call up my credit card and cancel ..

A lot of people do not know this but Paypal can lock your account if they wish to.. Best not to keep any 'money' inside..

Paypal doesn't just earn money from the 2%/ 3% fees, they periodically lock up accounts, take the money out and put them into their own bank accounts to earn interest.
During which time, the account users can't do anything about it because they have agreed to the Terms of Use which encompasses this.

"PayPal will pool your funds together with funds from other Users, and will place those funds in accounts at one or more FDIC-insured banks ("Pooled Accounts"). You agree that any earnings on the Pooled Accounts will be the property of PayPal, and you will not receive interest or other earnings on the funds that PayPal handles as your agent."

wah..

so jialat one one ..

what are the next best alternative to send $$ other than paypal?

I've not used paypal before, but had other problems with online charges through credit card.

What I can guess is that if you quickly call your bank to cancel the credit card number, they will not be able to charge you for it.

This is much better than you don't cancel, and then they charge you already, then you try to get your bank to reverse the charges. Unfortunately, my two experiences with reversing charges from two different banks weren't that good (although ultimately I managed to get them to do what I needed).
kex said:
hi vince123123,

ok thanks vince,

i called my card hotline and ask them to change a new number due to security reasons liao.
will follow up with paypal and se wad is the outcome..

the buyer haven even receive the bag alrdy file the chargeback liao after i notify him of the tracking number..~!@W#E$%^

kex said:
ok thanks vince,

i called my card hotline and ask them to change a new number due to security reasons liao.

the buyer haven even receive the bag alrdy file the chargeback liao after i notify him of the tracking number..~!@W#E$%^

classic case of paypal fraud... how many feedback does the buyer have? probably 0 or very very low..

kex said:
ok thanks vince,

Paypal will not bother... Lots of people have been hit by this already... As long as the person pays via credit card, Paypal will still chargeback even if you can prove that you have sent out the item.

Firefox said:
Paypal will not bother... Lots of people have been hit by this already... As long as the person pays via credit card, Paypal will still chargeback even if you can prove that you have sent out the item.

i beg to differ... i have kena the same case not once or twice but a total of 4 times... all resolved properly and everyone is happy i.e i got my money. its just a matter of doing it correctly and giving paypal what they want so as to faciliate investigations.

btw... paypal is facing a 100mil+++ dollar lawsuit for the illegal suspension and withholding of funds... i doubt they will continue doing this if they are smart...

Octane69 said:
i beg to differ... i have kena the same case not once or twice but a total of 4 times... all resolved properly and everyone is happy i.e i got my money. its just a matter of doing it correctly and giving paypal what they want so as to faciliate investigations.

btw... paypal is facing a 100mil+++ dollar lawsuit for the illegal suspension and withholding of funds... i doubt they will continue doing this if they are smart...

You may have been able to resolve this, but my people in the States have not been able to..

There are at least 2 class action lawsuits against them, atm.. Just got to wait and see....

Octane69 said:
classic case of paypal fraud... how many feedback does the buyer have? probably 0 or very very low..

the buyer only got 2 positive feedbacks,but she paid up promptly mah..so i tot it should be fine.. :thumbsd:

anyway the buyer ID is shereen760 please be cautious when dealing with her..

Status
Not open for further replies.