buy watches in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no best place to buy watches in S'pore.
Depends on what brand, type and kind of watches you are looking for.

engineermunn said:
where's the best place to buy watches in Singapore?

If you have $525,000 to spare :think: , go get a Audemars Piget chronograph watch. Limited to 300 pcs worldwide :bsmilie:
Shop is at Raffles city, oppsite the new handphone shop..Cant remenber the name. :D

Adrian said:
If you have $525,000 to spare :think: , go get a Audemars Piget chronograph watch. Limited to 300 pcs worldwide :bsmilie:
Shop is at Raffles city, oppsite the new handphone shop..Cant remenber the name. :D

:bigeyes:

I'll save up for that... then again, I'd probably spend my $$$ on a medium format camera with digital back and still have cash to buy 2 Mazda RX8.

I'm looking for Seiko Automatic watches....
basically looking for a place where there is a congregation of watch shops... something like camera shops can be found in Penin area, IT stuff can be found in Funan/Sim Lim, etc...

Me too - was thinking about the same question about watches.

i think city chain not bad... forever 20% discount. i usually buy my "branded" watches from them. not sure how competitive they are now. the last time i bought a watch was 5 years back and that time, sovil titus was going with 40% discount!!! man.... couldn't find any shop that came close... so went back to them and buy lor...

engineermunn said:
:bigeyes:

I'll save up for that... then again, I'd probably spend my $$$ on a medium format camera with digital back and still have cash to buy 2 Mazda RX8.

I'm looking for Seiko Automatic watches....
basically looking for a place where there is a congregation of watch shops... something like camera shops can be found in Penin area, IT stuff can be found in Funan/Sim Lim, etc...

maybe around bras basah complex?

Goto Bencoolen Street, building oppsite OG. Shop name is Wing Yip or something. Nice elderly gentleman. Had bought 3 seiko watches from him. Price is reasonable.

Yes Bencoolen street Seiko and Casio. Bargain abit and sometimes can get good price. Bras Basah is too pricy if you are not aware of the pricing.
Better to go to Tong Sia building and see all the Seiko watches and price before you go anywhere else to bargain and buy. Seiko prices are reasonable.
The other place you can go is Mustafa, Seiko, Citizen and Casio.

Unless you want Breguet, PP, VC, and all the others in the price mentioned by Adrian do let me know I will introduce you to the appropriate person who will than attend to you individually. :bigeyes:

Adrian said:
Goto Bencoolen Street, building oppsite OG. Shop name is Wing Yip or something. Nice elderly gentleman. Had bought 3 seiko watches from him. Price is reasonable.

Dennis said:
Unless you want Breguet, PP, VC, and all the others in the price mentioned by Adrian do let me know I will introduce you to the appropriate person who will than attend to you individually. :bigeyes:

with the 10-course dinner thrown in? :bsmilie:

If you have that amount to spare I am sure many watch company will want to meet up with you. Normally this kind of watch comes with some discount but still it will be in the 5-6 figure range. I believe the watch you mentioned is not just a chronograph, it is a Tourbillion as well.

Adrian said:

Oh yes not only 10 course but at exquisite restaurant as well.
You will get to meet the watch maker specially flown in to explain the workings of the watch and the maintenance it requires :bsmilie:

engineermunn said:
with the 10-course dinner thrown in? :bsmilie:

Not sure abt how u guys feel, but I personally like 25 Hours for their simple design and service.

My watch strap broke off recently after the supposed '1yr warranty' (my watch is 4yrs old), went to have it repaired and the nice lady did it up for me for free! Same thing when the battery in my watch went outta juice and the nice lady got it replaced for free... :D

My next watch is DEFINITELY a 25 Hours watch. :)

Hmmm..To spend $525,000 on a watch :think:

I would rather spend on:
1) Resell 4 Rm flat at Bukit Batok - $250,000 (Bal - $275,000)
2) Renovation - $20,000 (Bal - $225,000)
3) Audio video system - $10,000 (Bal - $215,000)
4) Trip around the world for 6 months - $50,000 (Bal - $165,000)
5) Camera accessories - $5,000 (Bal - $160,000)
6) Toyota corolla - $78,000 (Bal - $82,000)
7) Car mantainance, tax, petrol, accessories etc - $20,000 (Bal - $62,000)

:bsmilie: ;p :) ;)

engineermunn said:
where's the best place to buy watches in Singapore?

Prestige Time @ bras basah complex is quite reliable :)

what kind of watch u r looking at?

btw now casio are selling some of their G shock very cheap
from original 200+ to promotional price less than 100 bucks

Adrian said:

Hmmm...... think I'll probably go for a E55 AMG with that kind of money....... ;p

Can compare price with Mustafa and Bencoolen before deciding.

Regards

When I was shopping for my Casio Pro-Trek, searched round the whole of Singapore including bencoolen, bras basah etc, turned out Mustafa was the cheapest... by quite abit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.