Buy & Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Good morning everyone.

First off, i would to thank everyone who voiced their opinions regardings this little episode between myself and Salaqinc.

Since he has stated this position and his case, maybe i should clarify some issues and things he has mentioned his post.

As far as i know, i never stated in any certain concrete terms that i was going to buy the camera. I was interested, yes and that is why i tried to arrange for a meet up to view the camera but that was for me to to take a look at the condition. Nothing wrong there i think.

As for Salaqinc stating that i didn't have money to pay for it, well, then i think there is a need for me to defend myself because i don't see why that is an issue (And if it was, i wouldn't have offered to buy those who joined us at Orchard for a round of drinks after shooting. And for the record, yes i did spend close to almost the amount that is required to buy the camera)

At NO time did i ever say that i lack the necessay funds to carry out the purchase. Salaqinc, I hope you can actually understand this and not blatantly put words in my mouth.

Salaqinc, i do hope you understand that i had every intention to buy that camera off you when i invited you to join us all @ SEED except the fact that you were being really pushy about it and demanding that i give you an answer since you were in a hurry to leave Singapore. You needing to leave town isn't a good reason for you to insist on being so unpleasant and so insistant that i buy the camera off you.

So as it stand, i would like to make it clear that i will NOT be buying the camera. I hope you will have better luck selling it off to someone else.

Regards;
Wolfgang

This is my eye-witness account of what happened.

The turn out at SEED was really huge, and everyone was talking to everyone, me included.

I noticed a man talking aggressively to Wolfgang. Even though Wolfgang replied in an even tone, the seller continued to hurl abuse at him and raised his voice (probably to attract attention).

'Nuff said.

I was with Wolfgang ("W")when the exchange with Salaqinc ("S") was going on. What I witnessed was:

"S brought cam to show W who looked at it and said he would let S know at the end of the month (which is 2 weeks away) when his pay comes in whether he wants to buy it. S was unhappy and started pressurising W into giving him an answer saying that if money was an issue, its not possible that W doesn't even have $90 to pay for the cam now. W said he just wants to think about it and S persisted in pushing W for an answer, insisting that W gives him an answer there & then as he is leaving Singapore soon. W stressed that it is not an issue of whether he has $ or not but he just wants to CONSIDER first."

I don't think Wolfgang has done anything wrong as he said he wanted time to consider. Granted that $90 is no big deal but its still money out of one's pocket.

As for S harping on the fact that W didn't inform him that he is waiting for his pay to come, this is immaterial as W is not obliged to tell S abt this. W had told S that the issue is not abt having sufficient funds but he just wants to consider at that time when his pay is in. W didn't say that he had no money to buy the camera & was waiting for his pay to come in to help finance his purchase.

Once W made this known to S, S became demanding, presurising and unpleasant. Very offputting.

Well done, lavenderlilz :thumbsup:

Noticed that you were seated right next to Wolfie, so your account will be most accurate. Your observations and comments are very objective. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ckiang
You mean I missed the entire saga? Dang. ;p

Regards
CK

Yupz.......but you stood up for Wolfie, and that's what counts. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Everybody buying or selling in classified forum should do it a their own risk, I will alway ask whether is a confirm buy before meeting the buyer, of course the buyer can back out if he dosen't like what he sees e.g. defects etc. that were not stated.

Isn't it just a very simple buy-n-sell issue? Millions of it happening everywhere each day.

* togu hops into a 2nd hand shop 1 day...

T : "Excuse me, can I have a look at that flash on the display?"
S : "Sure, this is so and so , blah and blah.....etc"

* togu see and see, touch and touch the flash for 1 hr

T : "How much are you charging for it?"
S : "$xxx, warranty card not fill."

* togu see and see, think and think for another 1 hr

T : "Very nice, I like it very much, but the price is a bit steep, can't you go a little bit lower?"
S : "It's a very good price....blah blah...."
T : "IC, really like it, hrm, but can't decide now, possible to reserve it for me for a few days? Gotta think about it, anyway pay day is just around the corner, you know time is bad, gotta budget a bit. :( "
S : "Can't reserve for you, if anyone wants it, we gotta let go. It's a good buy actually."
T : "I know, but sob, gotta think more, can I get your number, I'll prolly call everyday to see if it's still there"
S : "Sure, there, this is our number"
T : "Thanks, see you"

* togu grabs the name card and hop outta shop

No one ever tell T if he's morally wrong, it's so common! He'll still see the shopowner smiling at him the next day.

:p

LOL togu that's a good example :)

sometimes pple may say certain things just to be diplomatic & if u dun catch it - its not their problem! :p

Originally posted by PentiumPC
Everybody buying or selling in classified forum should do it a their own risk, I will alway ask whether is a confirm buy before meeting the buyer, of course the buyer can back out if he dosen't like what he sees e.g. defects etc. that were not stated.

Well different people react differently...

I would like to share:-

One seller I know let me check the camera I want without any commitment from me about buying. Why? I like the camera but it is slightly out of my budget then.

What so great is the seller don't mind meeting up and share the features of the camera even after I told him my concern about my budget.

End up, I bought the camera on our next meeting. He is surprised I can deal so fast as he had other buyers interested.

Well just sharing after reading this thread.

For me, service/attitude of seller also play a part whether a buyer will buy or not.

I encourage everyone to learn sales.... as we are 'selling' all the time. (selling yourself at interview for a better job, promotions, pay rise, better team work etc)

Wolfgang - thanks for the clarification. Its important that u did tell your side of the story. I'm glad that there were others around who can verify it too. Although from my perspective this situation need not have much verification by third parties. Glad u kept your cool. With u on this one.

settled liao? then suggest this thread be closed? while salaq may not be the ideal seller no point victimizing him all the way... he's not saddam hussein u know..

Originally posted by denizenx
settled liao? then suggest this thread be closed? while salaq may not be the ideal seller no point victimizing him all the way... he's not saddam hussein u know..

who's victimizing him? sorry to say this but i think he set himself up for it

Originally posted by denizenx

I have to agree with denizenx in closing the thread; we've heard both sides of the story. Thus the thread is 'moved' and also let's 'move' on! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.