Buy/Sell sections revamped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
We have revamped the Buy/Sell section and renamed to Personal Classifieds section after receiving innumerable requests and feedback from the members.

Changes :-
a) Classified by Brand
b) Some key words renamed to make it easier to search eg . WTS -> WTSell, WTB -> WTBuy
c) Addition of Video section
d) Biggest change - replies are currently disabled to simulate a real Classifieds section (like in the newspapers). Thus the method of contacting the members will be via Private Message or the contact options listed by the poster (phone and/or email). We will make this a trial for the next couple of months and then gather member feedback to see if we can tweak the system further.

We are in the midst of moving the last 1-2 months posts over to the new sections thus please bear with us in the meantime.

Presenting the New! Revamped! Better! Personal Classifieds sections in ClubSNAP. (click me!)

Please provide feedback on the new Personal Classifieds sections, especially if you come across the following :-

1) Errors in the forms.
2) Additional equipment brands/types to be incorporated into the forms.

Feedback on the above can be provided in this thread - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392642

Thanks for the revamp, the brand segregation would be very useful. :thumbsup:

Will we be getting a bigger PM quota with this change?

Changes :-

d) Biggest change - replies are currently disabled to simulate a real Classifieds section (like in the newspapers). Thus the method of contacting the members will be via Private Message or the contact options listed by the poster (phone and/or email).
Presenting the New! Revamped! Better! Personal Classifieds sections in ClubSNAP. (click me!)

HI,

It will make bidding less transparent. Just my feedback.

Thanks for the effort.

good move! easier to sort things out now.. ;)

Cleaner, less clutter, more systematic and organised. :thumbsup:

i cant seem to post a reply in the thread. Is it my problem or in the process of revamp?

Sorting them in brands is really useful. :)
:)

Thanks for effort!

But I don't feel disabling the reply is a GOOD move. If the intention is like advertising in the newspaper, then are we encouraging sellers or buyers to post a new or a few threads every single day to bump up his trade? Forum is based on the internet so information allowed to be updated immediately which is not supposed to happen in the traditional media like newspaper.

In the meanwhile, I also agree with huggable to propose a larger PM quota in order to communicate privately. 10 PMs is really very limited.

So what happen if I want to move my thread to the front to get more exposure? Create a new thread?:think: May be reply should be enabled for the TS. At least he/she can close the thread. I will not want people to keep calling me when my product is sold.

Thanks for effort!

But I don't feel disabling the reply is a GOOD move. If the intention is like advertising in the newspaper, then are we encouraging sellers or buyers to post a new or a few threads every single day to bump up his trade? Forum is based on the internet so information allowed to be updated immediately which is not supposed to happen in the traditional media like newspaper.

In the meanwhile, I also agree with huggable to propose a larger PM quota in order to communicate privately. 10 PMs is really very limited.

This look much better :) but i have to agree with geoer... imagine a thread which last 1 week and still no deal and in order to refresh the thread how ? and also adjustment of BNP ?? create a new thread ? then there will be a lot of multiple post...

can also suggest the 3rd party lens include a "mount" option in addition to the brand? easier to search this way...

i totally agree with flowerpot.
Hope the mods do something about the problems were mentioned.

I have yet to see the new/ revamped buy and sell section cause till now, the lenses and camera ones are all empty. Maybe admin is working on it? or is that an error?

Anyway, all would be fine other than threadstarter should have rights to edit his own thread. It need not be him allowed to keep posting "upz", but at least should let him edit the 1st posting to keep all information updated.

Seems like a good idea for orderly and clarity...but I do have to agree as for items that I want to sell....I start the price I hope to sell for..gauging responses and frequently adjust the prices for a deal. I would have to private message anyone that had expressed interest before to notify of the new price...it's a tedious processes to send out the private messages, especially with the 10 message quota.

Another thing I have been able to do, although not neccesary successful all the time is to be able to see threads and gauge how much a similar item was sold for so i can start with with a reasonable asking price.

As always, human nature to resist change but in this case, I find it hard to accomplish the same things given the new approach of the forum. my two cents.

I have yet to see the new/ revamped buy and sell section cause till now, the lenses and camera ones are all empty. Maybe admin is working on it? or is that an error?

Anyway, all would be fine other than threadstarter should have rights to edit his own thread. It need not be him allowed to keep posting "upz", but at least should let him edit the 1st posting to keep all information updated.
This sounds reasonable as a middle ground

Status
Not open for further replies.