Buy more (eqpt)....take less(photos)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter

Apr 30, 2005
Eh... a common thrend i discovered in CS is that the plp here are more interested to find out which latest DSLR to buy, rather than getting good photographs!

"Which lens is sharper?" "D70 better or D50 better ah?" "C** better or N*** better ah?" Wah liew... so much technical talk... after buying equipment, never see their photos in CS one!!

don't be so gadget siao lar.... u will NOT become a good photographer even if you are using a Pro Cam. It will only MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE ONE... BUT NEVER ONE!

Wake Up!!

shooter said:
Eh... a common thrend i discovered in CS is that the plp here are more interested to find out which latest DSLR to buy, rather than getting good photographs!

"Which lens is sharper?" "D70 better or D50 better ah?" "C** better or N*** better ah?" Wah liew... so much technical talk... after buying equipment, never see their photos in CS one!!

don't be so gadget siao lar.... u will NOT become a good photographer even if you are using a Pro Cam. It will only MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE ONE... BUT NEVER ONE!

Wake Up!!

Normal. There are gearheads who derieve joy from playing with gear. Nothing wrong.

You go everywhere also the same, not only happen is clubsnap here, they are many ways to enjoy photography as a hobby, does not have to just confined on shooting pictures.

gear collecting/comparing is a common thrend even before CS. And they form a majority of the people I know too. Photo discussions eh... not much since most are shy or don't know what to comment + don't want to offend others (nice photos! :) etc...)

If I'm in the buying mode, askin technical questions here does help to a certain extend.

Happy shooting and shooter, any pictures to show us what subject interest you?

I always orgas from touching all the expensive glasses and bodies :lovegrin:

* togu prepare the fire extinguisher. ;p

It's human nature, hrm, I mean singaporean human nature. In CS, from CF cards, cameras, lenses, bags etc etc all the way to mouses, keyboards, monitors, pc, apple, orange. Everything must be big and ex.. :p

espn said:

orgas! haha! :bsmilie:

equipment love and enthusiasm is part of the package, part of the passion.

regards
Douglas

alamak, not all people alike.
I believe some are really good shooters out here, but maybe don't like to post online or what ever. Low profile is the way!
To add on, sometimes you can interpret the photos here are taken are really boliao photos taken aimlessly.
;p I take them too!

espn said:
a pro body will always be a pro body(lens)

It is and it will always be ... buy the best equipment first ... then keep on shooting until one day they got a best shot ... then start to post post post ... ask the post G*** .. :sweatsm:

togu said:
* togu prepare the fire extinguisher. ;p

It's human nature, hrm, I mean singaporean human nature. In CS, from CF cards, cameras, lenses, bags etc etc all the way to mouses, keyboards, monitors, pc, apple, orange. Everything must be big and ex.. :p
Maybe SG this few days are hot... so ppl tend to "fire up"....
thks for putting out the fire~~~

Oooo *just orgased again*

:bsmilie:

we seldom see pple asking to buy photographs lah... lol... but with the gallery here. well..pple can leech and print it on their printers. and there they go...

i do see students printing pictures from CS, and put them in their file and claim it their shot. in both secondary school and some of my fellow friends in poly told me they notice that also.

celebrity pictures also. even with the watermark. they still print it like nobody business...

glennyong said:
we seldom see pple asking to buy photographs lah... lol... but with the gallery here. well..pple can leech and print it on their printers. and there they go...

i do see students printing pictures from CS, and put them in their file and claim it their shot. in both secondary school and some of my fellow friends in poly told me they notice that also.

celebrity pictures also. even with the watermark. they still print it like nobody business...
Ahhh... kiddo leechers. U hate them, don't u? ;)

And the irony of it all? IPOS is screaming with their IP tagline, "BE ORIGINAL." :bsmilie:

I meant, why are some of us so stupid, spent $10k plus, just for taking photographs? We could have spent the $10k to hire a "pro" to shoot for us, and that "pro" must be extremely happy to shoot for us also. Everybody happy?

Astin said:
I meant, why are some of us so stupid, spent $10k plus, just for taking photographs? We could have spent the $10k to hire a "pro" to shoot for us, and that "pro" must be extremely happy to shoot for us also. Everybody happy?
It's just like why you want to dig the nose yourself when it gets your fingers dirty while you can pay somebody to do it for you? Hehehe.

Astin said:

Agree, some more results guaranteed. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I'm not sure who first coined the term 'Measurebators' but its such an appropriate term. I think at some point, we are all guilty of it. There isn't a guy in this forum who has not.. erm... measurebated .

We do it all the time when we want to buy lens/body. But after buying, den shoot lar. After a while, sure gian some more one. Den you surf internet to measurebate again lah heehee

Status
Not open for further replies.