buy LX3 tomorrow - Urgent advice need~ Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1808

Nov 22, 2008
West
Hi all,

I want get the LX3 tomorrow, I need helps on the adapter issue....

Plan also to get a Wide conv & Raynox 202 (currently having a Raynox 250), I remember I had Cokin System P (my previous lens use was 72mm diameter filter) with few filters bought previously.

Now question is, what mount diameter adapter should I get?
- buy the Lens Adapter DMW-LA4 (is it a 46mm diameter?, so 46mm to 52mm adapter can mount onit>)
- MC protector DMW LMC46
- Screen protector
- Adapter 46mm to 52mm?
- RICOH self retaining lens cap LC-1 (if get this on LX3, is it I cant mount others Add-ons lens onit? like the Wide Conv, Raynox etc...)

* Forgot, i have a Nikon SB-26 flash can this use in LX3?

Appreciate can have your advise tongiht~ thanks!

Last edited:
I got the pandabase adaptor with macro+wideangle lens frm eBay. works for me.

screen protector I did at sls ground floor. custom cut to cover the whole glass panel

I don't think u can fit adaptor when u have the ricoh cover. it's screwed onto the same screwthread.

have fun with the LX3!

Thanks for your reply!

In this case I will not go for the Ricoh cover....(although it look so pretty..) =) Pandabase adaptor? okay i look at eBay ~

Sls = Sim lim Sq? custom cut? you mean some screen protector not able to cover whole glass panel?

Thanks for your reply!

In this case I will not go for the Ricoh cover....(although it look so pretty..) =) Pandabase adaptor? okay i look at eBay ~

Sls = Sim lim Sq? custom cut? you mean some screen protector not able to cover whole glass panel?

U can get screen protector specially for LX3, saving the trouble to cut.

hi all!!

Finally got my LX3 !!

Got it at SLR @ S$ 664/=!! comes with 8GB & Case with promotion of original battery @ S$ 30.

But, I ask around SLR, John, CP...they not carry original Lens adapter DMW-LA4 & MC Protector DMW-LMC46 (is this protector a must?, can I just get any other brand filter like Hoya, Marumi etc..)

=.=....so I ask around others shop for a 3rd party lens adapter but only relaised that 3rd party lens adapter diameter is 52mm which I thought was 46mm...

Since I already get a setup rings 45-52mm...i cant waste $ again to get this 3rd party lens adapter...how or where can I get original lens adapter ah? from ebay?

btw, I get a screen protector from CP @ $10 ;p I know is expensive! but we dont need to customize cut to screen size, is already fit for LX3 size and I ask CP salesguy to help me stick on it hehe good skill !! Dont need to worry if i do it myself i may "Destroy" it...

Last edited:
aaa.SLR also have screen protector for $2 eh.. no need to customise as well.

Finally got my LX3 !!
Congrats to your purchase! Have fun exploring the little black beauty first before headaches on what accessories to buy next!

Ya, SLR sell screen protector a $2, but no stock....I never ask if need to customize or not...

ya! I like the grip is so comfortable! Exploring this little black beauty now hehe~

have fun lah! its a great camera... been busy snapping photos ever since I got this camera! :)

hi all!!

Finally got my LX3 !!

Got it at SLR @ S$ 664/=!! comes with 8GB & Case with promotion of original battery @ S$ 30.

But, I ask around SLR, John, CP...they not carry original Lens adapter DMW-LA4 & MC Protector DMW-LMC46 (is this protector a must?, can I just get any other brand filter like Hoya, Marumi etc..)

The DMW-LA4 i got it from AP Funan while the DMW-LW46 i got the very last piece from CP Peninsula Plaza a while back.

Ya, SLR sell screen protector a $2, but no stock....I never ask if need to customize or not...

daiso also got sell screen protector at 2 bucks but the lx3 screen is not standard 3" screen...more like wide angle 3" screen to me, cause the 3" screen protector i bought, cannot cover the whole screen.

Last edited:
;p Finally got the DMW-LA4 lens adaptor & DMW-LW46!

I unscrew the lens ring from LX3 and screw in DMW-LA4, then add on DMW-LW46 after that...but....just relaised that....It cant fit for the original lens cap....

May I know where can i get lens cap? Is it should be a 46mm lens cap right?

;p Finally got the DMW-LA4 lens adaptor & DMW-LW46!

I unscrew the lens ring from LX3 and screw in DMW-LA4, then add on DMW-LW46 after that...but....just relaised that....It cant fit for the original lens cap....

May I know where can i get lens cap? Is it should be a 46mm lens cap right?

Well of cos u can't with the LA4 as 46mm lens cap is very hard to find. Then i got the LW46 and it became a permanent setup for me. In addition, u might want to consider getting the Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover for yr LX3.

Last edited:
Well of cos u can't with the LA4 as 46mm lens cap is very hard to find. Then i got the LW46 and it became a permanent setup for me. In addition, u might want to consider getting the Nikon BS-1 hotshoe cover for yr LX3.

Hi Snoweagle,

you mean with the LW46 you dont use any lens cap? :confused:

For 46mm lens cap, I relaised that the Nikon 18mm-55mm lens cap cover can use but...then I will have no lens cap for the 18mm-55mm lens!

get from www.lensmateonline.com ;)

There is clip for the cap so u can use ur original cap on the lens.

If you haven get adaptor, its even better... get the adaptor package that comes with the clip ;p

Last edited:
Hi Snoweagle,

you mean with the LW46 you dont use any lens cap? :confused:

For 46mm lens cap, I relaised that the Nikon 18mm-55mm lens cap cover can use but...then I will have no lens cap for the 18mm-55mm lens!

Well the LW46 has its own lens cap doesn't it?

Sorry to Hi-jack but I bought my LX-3 yesterday... some doubts here and there but I'll ask, is a class 4 card sufficient for this camera? I might want to try shooting in raw. And as for the CLX3 leather case, is it hard to obtain the brown one? Which are the shops that usually carry them?

Sorry to Hi-jack but I bought my LX-3 yesterday... some doubts here and there but I'll ask, is a class 4 card sufficient for this camera? I might want to try shooting in raw. And as for the CLX3 leather case, is it hard to obtain the brown one? Which are the shops that usually carry them?

Not sure about the class 4.

As for the CLX3 case, it is already very hard to get the black one in sg.

no....i bought it from WTS thread, and the original box itself also not indicate that there is a lens cap come together ah..it just only the lens adapter =.=....

so can i just get a lens cap at any camera dealer shop? 46mm diameter..

Status
Not open for further replies.