Buy lens in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Auto

Apr 7, 2008
West West West area
Dear All,

I will going to Japan on next two week. Anybody know where i can go to buy new/used lens?

Indeed, lens selling in Japan more cheaper? How many percentage different. Thanks.

Nikon or third party lens.

Dear All,

I will going to Japan on next two week. Anybody know where i can go to buy new/used lens?

Indeed, lens selling in Japan more cheaper? How many percentage different. Thanks.

Nikon or third party lens.

Which part of Japan you referring to ?

Japan STUFF are never cheap .

And i bought my 70-300 from there, thinking it is made in Japan.
To my suprise , the lense is Made in China, and it cost around 80dollars more expensive than singapore.

Suggest you dont buy from japan. Even the electronic town. ( dont know what is the name)

I visited a few times in Tokyo and find the prices are really good...
Its about 10-15% cheaper than Singapore based on duty free prices... you can go to BIC Camera which has the highest end stuff to the lowest end. You can get the tax rebate immediately too. Its a huge chain and can be found easily.

But the recent YEN hike to 1000 yen to S$15 may equalize the prices...

Dear All,

I will going to Tokyo and Yokohama.

Could anyone can provide me the area name or shop adress. I can compare then just decide whether buy or not... I heard somebody told me before Japan got some shop selling very nice and cheap used lens, anybody know about this?

May be bring calculator along should be big help;p

Dear All,

I will going to Tokyo and Yokohama.

Could anyone can provide me the area name or shop adress. I can compare then just decide whether buy or not... I heard somebody told me before Japan got some shop selling very nice and cheap used lens, anybody know about this?

May be bring calculator along should be big help;p

So far I found few shop selling cheap.
1) At Nakano station abt 10mins from shijunku station. there is a shop selling 2nd hand and new lens the price i was quoted for 24-105mm was Yen98000 and 17-55mm was Yen97000. (If I remember correctly)
The shop name is FUJIYA Camera.

2) At Ogikubo station abt 20mins from Shinjuku station. There price is almost the same only Yen1000 more compare to the 1st one.
the shop name is SAKURAYA.

3) Shinjuku station abt 10mins walk from station. MAP camera is also cheap. but have to ask for the pice where by some time they adjust the price according to market price.

Do a internet search they have website and address or maps.

hope this will help.....

but last advice to you.... Japan YEN is strong so at of the day it may not be cheap buying in japan. as what other had mentioned.

Last edited:
Hi Bro,

Thanks for your info, it was very useful at the moment.

I will be do some research if i have time, of course, if have enough money will bring some back.

By the way, do you think Nikon lens will be cheaper as well.

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your info, it was very useful at the moment.

I will be do some research if i have time, of course, if have enough money will bring some back.

By the way, do you think Nikon lens will be cheaper as well.

Nikon will be the same as canon...
I dont think will be cheap also:nono:

Bought from MapCamera (a few blocks from Shinjuku station - West exit, IIRC) before...price was comparably lower than Sg. But since the strong Yen..prices are very high.

Try to Google MapCamera and view their website. Prices are reduced if you are a tourist, but don't forget to bring your passport.

Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
As always www.kakaku.com serves as a good barometer

Dear All,

Any of you idea if compare price lens Hong Kong and Japan, which is more cheaper?:dunno:

Recently, due to the Yen extremly high, still doubt where more cheaper.

I will go Hong Kong for 5 days then continue to Tokyo 5 day.

Status
Not open for further replies.