Buy a new one or get it repaired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_BEE_

Apr 1, 2004
Hi all!

I need advice here.

I sent my camera and lens for repair and the girl called me to break te news that my lens is causing the problem. The repair cost is $101 (w/o GST yet). I own a Canon 28-100 lens which comes with my Canon EOS300 body.

Should I spend the money repairing for is better for me to get a new lens?

What should I do? Any experience in using a repaired lens?

Thanks and I look forward to any advice.

Kindest regards,
Bee :)

SORRY! I realised I have posted this into the wrong forum. have shifted it to the general views forum.

sell your lens "as-is" and buy another lens.

hi guys, thanks for the reply.

Where can I sell my new lens and any good recommendations on a good yet not so expensive lens?

:)

_BEE_ said:
hi guys, thanks for the reply.

Where can I sell my new lens and any good recommendations on a good yet not so expensive lens?

:)

your lens is new? can't you invoke the warranty then?

Actually no. A few years already and it has been with me for a few years now, from India to China to Europe..... Rather sad to part with it.

_BEE_ said:
Actually no. A few years already and it has been with me for a few years now, from India to China to Europe..... Rather sad to part with it.

well...if it's a good sample and it has sentimental value, then you might as well just repair and keep using it.

EF 28-105/f3.5-4.5 USM non L. MarkII (going for 200~300 bucks and hand)

EF 24-85/f3.5-4.5 USM non L (going for 300+ 2nd hand)

for more cash: EF 28-135/f3.5-5.6 IS USM non L. (going for 700+- bucks and hand)

for more cash still : EF 17-40/f4 L USM. (going for 1100K+- 2nd hand)

=)

clive said:
EF 28-105/f3.5-4.5 USM non L. MarkII (going for 200~300 bucks and hand)

EF 24-85/f3.5-4.5 USM non L (going for 300+ 2nd hand)

for more cash: EF 28-135/f3.5-5.6 IS USM non L. (going for 700+- bucks and hand)

for more cash still : EF 17-40/f4 L USM. (going for 1100K+- 2nd hand)

=)

WOW! So expensive. The EF 28-135, is it a good lens? Can it be used if one day I upgrade to use a Digital SLR?

_BEE_ said:
WOW! So expensive. The EF 28-135, is it a good lens? Can it be used if one day I upgrade to use a Digital SLR?

All of the lenses can be used when u upgrade to a DSLR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.