butterfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aya Brea

24_std.jpg

nice? bad? suck?

1) how did u ppl catch these insects shots so easily ah? wont they fly away by the time u get close to them?
2) do u all use tripod for insects shots?
3) wat are usually the settings (aperture? shutter? or fully automatic?) for a DC to get a decent insect shot?
4) is a zoom lens really necessay? (me using F707)
5) is BG the best place to 'catch' these insects?

thanks so much...me still new in using such complicated camera, F707..hahaha..

Originally posted by AMDer
1) how did u ppl catch these insects shots so easily ah? wont they fly away by the time u get close to them?
3) wat are usually the settings (aperture? shutter? or fully automatic?) for a DC to get a decent insect shot?

hehe...welcome to the dark side (F707 aka Dark Angel)

Probably Megaweb, the king of insect photography, can tell u this..

i think he go Botanic garden more than orchard road :p

I learnt a lot from him...and he will also kindly lend u his B300 1.7x Teleconvertor and 250D closeup filter to make your close up shot even better...

Originally posted by kamwai

Probably Megaweb, the king of insect photography, can tell u this..

Beep...Beep...paging for Megaweb...to help me answer my questions..

Beep...Beep...

Beep...Beep...paging for Megaweb...to help me answer my questions..

Beep...Beep...

err .... seem like this butterfly is very popular at ZOO ... it is not afraid of pple ... I think you can even touch it .. :)

2. If lighting is good (bright) , you can don't use the tripod. Recommendation is to use it :)

3. for DC , set to macro mode and use f5.6 to f8.0 to capture the whole insects clear . Be sure that you have good shutter speed like 1/125 sec

4. usually with longer zoom , you can take object further e.g. 1 feet away from the insects. So far Willy and Wai have tried Canon closeup lesn 250D with 707 can give a very good magnification and clear/sharp quality.

5. BG is the best place to take insects . esp dragonfly. You can join the BG outing on this Sunday. I can perform live demo ... :)

Originally posted by megaweb

4. usually with longer zoom , you can take object further e.g. 1 feet away from the insects. So far Willy and Wai have tried Canon closeup lesn 250D with 707 can give a very good magnification and clear/sharp quality.

here is my first try with 250D + B300

mating2.jpg

imagine the yellow flower is smaller than a S$1 coin...and each butterfly is abt 1cm wide

3. for DC , set to macro mode and use f5.6 to f8.0 to capture the whole insects clear . Be sure that you have good shutter speed like 1/125 sec

correct me if i am wrong...but hor..after learning some tips from this forum...

to catch the insect sharp and to blur the background (big aperture,small f number)...then why use f5.6 to f8.0 instead of f2.0 to f3.0?

u mean setting the Aperture to f5.6 to f8.0 with a shutter speed of 1/125s will give the 'insects-shot' type ah?

correct me if i am wrong...but hor..after learning some tips from this forum...

to catch the insect sharp and to blur the background (big aperture,small f number)...then why use f5.6 to f8.0 instead of f2.0 to f3.0?

u mean setting the Aperture to f5.6 to f8.0 with a shutter speed of 1/125s will give the 'insects-shot' type ah?

it is not easy to have a settings of f8.0 and 1/125 sec unless very good lighting ... yes you can use f2.0 and 3.0 , your insects shot will only appear minor portion clear and the rest blur ...

you need to try it urself ...

it is not easy to have a settings of f8.0 and 1/125 sec unless very god lighting ... yes you can use f2.0 and 3.0 , your insects shot will only appear minor portion clear and the rest blur ...

you need to try it urself ...

ok thanks...u guys are really helping man...i beep beep for a few minutes and u really appear...hahhahaa...thanks..

Sorry .. Aya ..

your shot is nice !!!

ask I said , fill flash will make it SUPER BETTER ....

Status
Not open for further replies.