Central
www.aquaticquotient.com
PerakLascar_6121.jpg

common_tit_6105.jpg

SuffusedFlash_6142.jpg

Nacaduba_pavana_singapura_6157.jpg

rounded_6_line_6191.jpg

feel free to give your comments

Nice shots. I like your frame, tells us everything we need to know to learn how to shoot like you.

:thumbsup:

Hello Simon ,

Beautiful shots there you have!

Sharpness , exposure and DOF well handled

Love the clear smooth BG and pristine condition of the Suffused Flash.

Personally would attempt to exclude the flowers on the left of #3 and #4 to isolate and have better emphasis of subject matters .

looking forward to your excellent photos.

:cheers:

Deswitch: not really, also depends greatly on site situations, quite a norm to say that I use F8 or above (smaller aperture) to get the DOF, but then, at that distance, the depth is only so much, so we tend to try to get the subject as parallel to the body as possible. But there are situation we can't do that, maybe due to obstruction or a muddy ground ;P

Bluesteel: you referring to #3 and 4 ;P, the position of #3 is done intentional, to add to the composition. for #4, no choice, unless I snap that flower away ;P..keke

I agree with Bluesteel's comment on #3. In looking at the shot, my eye is 'pulled' towards the OOF yellow flower on the top left corner, and this seems to distract attention from the subject, which is less colourful than the flower. Perhaps some closer cropping may be better for this shot, and a bit of PS'ing to remove the brighter flower.

As for #4, you did the best you could, given the situation. In butterfly shooting, there is a fair amount of luck needed to ensure where the subject lands long enough for a good sharp shot.

Excellent shots nonetheless Simon!

Wow these are great shots! :thumbsup: It is not easy to get near the butterfly, they always fly away when I try to point my lens at them. :( But you proved it can be done!! And u managed to get them so sharp and detailed! No. 3 is so beautiful, the flowers make a nice contrast and lovely smooth green bg! I feel also you should crop away the OOF flower at the top left hand corner as it serves to be a bit distracting.

Nevertheless, wonderful pics and hope to see more great shots from you! :)

All very nice butt shots. Details are there and sharp! :thumbsup:

Just some comments on the non-butt part
#1: The white on the top of the frame can consider to clone off.
#3: Actually, I find the flower at the top left ok. But I find the space to the right of the butt is abit too much. Maybe a vertical compo?
#5: Find the BG abit cluttered. The green grass is also kind of distracting.

Just my 2c view. Hope you don't mind.

rgds

CY

thks guys..

CY, point taken, we are here to learn something from each other ;P...

CY & Garion, I still like #3 with the space on the right, just a preference, as for the rest, there are blockage and distraction in the pix, one that I dun intend to PS them away, since they r not keepers

thks guys, keep it coming...

Agreed that site condition plays a part but at least for newbies like me, i can have a rough guide on where to start.

Looks like this site got lots of great Gurus. My 1st obstacle to tackle now is my hand control.

nice shots of butterflies
not enough DOF to cover the whole inscect but that's OK with me.
my nit pick is with the bg, some are distracting.
I like your flash control, just enough light to bring out detail without
over powering the shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.