Busker at AMK Hub

johndoe161

Apr 16, 2010
Ang Mo Kio
Hello all,

This picture was taken just outside the entrance to AMK Hub near McD. If you are familiar with this area you will know there are a few buskers plying their trade there at the steps every week. This woman was one of them though I have not seen her for quite a while.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, but other comments are also welcome

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to potray the curiousity of the 2 kids as they are peering over the busker.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I was taking are break from a walkabout around AMK central when I noticed the busker & the kids. I already had my cam so I took a shot.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think I captured the mood but I feel it lacks something, Im not sure what is it.

Thanks for dropping by! :)

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
1. Poor composition - your subject is only in the lower half of the frame.
2. Poor sharpness.
3. A tighter crop would help more. Right now I don't know what you're trying to show.

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
to me. the kids are not portraying curiosity. more like being enthralled by the keyboard playing and music.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
the colour and busy background distracts from the main subject, which is the busker. perhaps you could try shooting in black and white, and with a shallower depth of field to isolate the busker more.
e.g.

Last edited:

Ripley5

Apr 4, 2011
Agreed with zaren. This is my quick take on your photo with some pp. Maybe u should have shot it in landscape instead.

Last edited:

Ripley5

Apr 4, 2011
Ah! Didn't realised its u again johndoe161... seems like I'm always pp you photos. ;)

johndoe161

Apr 16, 2010
Ang Mo Kio
Ah! Didn't realised its u again johndoe161... seems like I'm always pp you photos. ;)
Wah, you are the MAN bro! I should pass my pictures for you to pp. We can become a team of Photo Dynamic Duo! hahaha. At least you have inputs to show, visually I can understand what you are trying to explain, what is the best way to produce better pics, its like constructive criticism. And I like constructive criticism then just plain criticism. I know this is critique but giving a few pointers is also nice. Thanks again man! :)

Foress

May 20, 2011
gotta love the edits above!

Oct 4, 2010
In a house
I like how zaren's treatment centers the focus on the busker in the photo (in line with the title), but i like the orientation which ripley puts it in.

Top Bottom