Business Card Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
Where do you guys go to get your business cards printed?

I went somewhere where they print and machine cut your cards but the person at the counter told me that the machine they use does not guarantee a straight cut that will align with the border design of my card. Obviously, I'm still considering before taking the plunge.

Am I asking too much, or is something wrong that a machine cannot precisely cut straight lines? :dunno:

I did mine at Printpal, Sunshine Plaza.

Offset printing of normal card size + matte lamination + spotUV.

What kind of cut you are looking at?

I did mine at Printpal, Sunshine Plaza.

Offset printing of normal card size + matte lamination + spotUV.

What kind of cut you are looking at?

Not very complicated, just four straight lines - a normal rectangle.

My card is a regular rectangle with a thin 1px border inside of the edge of the card, but it seems they say their machine cannot guarantee a cut that will align with the border. :think:

How much did you get yours done for? I'm just looking at offset, card size, single size + matte lamination. No fancy print or cut.

Not very complicated, just four straight lines - a normal rectangle.

My card is a regular rectangle with a thin 1px border inside of the edge of the card, but it seems they say their machine cannot guarantee a cut that will align with the border. :think:

How much did you get yours done for? I'm just looking at offset, card size, single size + matte lamination. No fancy print or cut.

2 boxes @ $40.. Double-side

Single side and without spotUV is cheaper.

This is their site... www.printpal.com.sg

Where do you guys go to get your business cards printed?

I went somewhere where they print and machine cut your cards but the person at the counter told me that the machine they use does not guarantee a straight cut that will align with the border design of my card. Obviously, I'm still considering before taking the plunge.

Am I asking too much, or is something wrong that a machine cannot precisely cut straight lines? :dunno:

make sure u have a bleed area. safer that way. i learn my lesson the hard way. even with bleed, the cards were not cut properly.

make sure u have a bleed area. safer that way. i learn my lesson the hard way. even with bleed, the cards were not cut properly.

Yup, I definitely have a bleed area. I followed the template that they provide on their website, but they still say that even so, their machine may not cut straight. :bsmilie:

Thanks bro. BTW, SpotUV is similar to an outer emboss effect?

Oh, and, staying up for the Utd match? :bsmilie:

Yuppie.

SpotUV is like what you had describe.. a bit more pro look only la.. haha..

And like what flipfreak had said, give bleeding is essential.

When I gave my design, I also have bleeds and at the shop double check again. :)

Yup, I definitely have a bleed area. I followed the template that they provide on their website, but they still say that even so, their machine may not cut straight. :bsmilie:

Their machine lousy lah.. haha! :bsmilie:

Their machine lousy lah.. haha! :bsmilie:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Even with a penknife and a long ruler, I think I can cut straighter than their machine, just that doing it myself will cost way more and be too labour intensive.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Even with a penknife and a long ruler, I think I can cut straighter than their machine, just that doing it myself will cost way more and be too labour intensive.

Ya. Used to cut papers like that. Can faint. :sweat:

cos they stack up the cards when they cut and u know paper don't really align properly when u stack up a big stack of them.

I went to Printpal on Thursday. Good pricing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.