Bus fares

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
I thought there is an increase in bus fare when I tap out. Went to smrt website to check, the fare isn't right. Yes, a small amount but imagine how many people on that bus paying extra small amount? It's the second time that happened to me, I manage to claim it but I am wondering, how many know they been over charge and can claim back!? Seem like a good way to earn extra income this way, just be careful on your next bus trip.

Post on SMRT/SBS Facebook for awareness

Post on SMRT/SBS Facebook for awareness

Posted but didn't see it on their fb page. Will write to media if been charged extra again. It's not auto refund n we must do it within 5 days. A lot mostly not aware about the claim n the bus company just get away with he extra. Now I am wondering how much they are earning from those extra :thinks:

Posted but didn't see it on their fb page. Will write to media if been charged extra again. It's not auto refund n we must do it within 5 days. A lot mostly not aware about the claim n the bus company just get away with he extra. Now I am wondering how much they are earning from those extra :thinks:

Someone posted previous overcharged incident, and my only comment was:

Wait till we go into contactless fare system. You don't even know you are kena overcharged at all

Yeah I'm equally concerned
I'm sure they would know about it. If it's a systemic issue they should take the initiative to compensate affected customers, and not treat it as extra income

Someone posted previous overcharged incident, and my only comment was:

Wait till we go into contactless fare system. You don't even know you are kena overcharged at all

Die die must check after every time we using it if they using that system. Bus captain did alter the system when it's faulty and I got over charged in first time but could you imagine the amount of passengers affected that day without knowing it!? They saying that they increase fare when didn't profit enough but this way of profiting, I wondering how many of us will know about it. 30 cents for me, whole bus roughly 100 passengers affected, extra $30 if no one claims back!? If 10 buses daily having this issue, $300 liao!

Die die must check after every time we using it if they using that system. Bus captain did alter the system when it's faulty and I got over charged in first time but could you imagine the amount of passengers affected that day without knowing it!? They saying that they increase fare when didn't profit enough but this way of profiting, I wondering how many of us will know about it. 30 cents for me, whole bus roughly 100 passengers affected, extra $30 if no one claims back!? If 10 buses daily having this issue, $300 liao!

When we have new contactless system, its v hard to check. The bill will only come at end of month. How would you even remember where u take bus and for how what

When we have new contactless system, its v hard to check. The bill will only come at end of month. How would you even remember where u take bus and for how what

Then we must not have this kind of system if they can't fix the current one. The bill doubt will be end of the month cause we now so advance, should know instantly how much we paid. Let's wait and see what they up to and if bill at the month end, ask them to fly kite liao!

Yeah I'm equally concerned
I'm sure they would know about it. If it's a systemic issue they should take the initiative to compensate affected customers, and not treat it as extra income

Don't worry about overpaying.

At the end of the year you'll get a tax cut because of it. :bsmilie:

Don't worry about overpaying.

At the end of the year you'll get a tax cut because of it. :bsmilie:

Ya ya! Time to wake up liao else they not going to increase the fares but also extra charges to 50 cents n yet no one complain.

Ya ya! Time to wake up liao else they not going to increase the fares but also extra charges to 50 cents n yet no one complain.

You pay extra money.

They'll use the extra money to build better roads and buy better and bigger buses for you.

It's a win win for all. :bsmilie:

You pay extra money.

They'll use the extra money to build better roads and buy better and bigger buses for you.

It's a win win for all. :bsmilie:

They use the $ to pay the petrol for their big car more likely. Or they use it to pay for advertising they are working hard on it and then increase the fare monthly in the future plus not to forget hidden extra charges which happening to me now.

Then we must not have this kind of system if they can't fix the current one. The bill doubt will be end of the month cause we now so advance, should know instantly how much we paid. Let's wait and see what they up to and if bill at the month end, ask them to fly kite liao!

May be that the new system solve the issues of the current system?
Of course anything new will have their own issues....

Strike by the third time, no sms on my 3rd claim yet. Nvm that, this morning took the same service, the bus captain manually changing the stage. Luckily my bus fare not affected as I check beforehand. Next time on bus and if you happened to hear the bus captain changing the stage, take note of your fare!

They should make it such that for every overcharging incident, if customer complain, they should refund 100x the amount overcharged to the customer.

That will provide some incentive for them to keep the system robust, accurate and reliable.