bus fare up

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
half awake when i heard that news over radio, can anyone confirm pls. thanks.

confirm, just heard over radio again, sian, everything going up except salary.

WTH! Why salary didn't went up? sian ½ :bsmilie:

They need to support the plasma TVs in the train stations, maintenance of the toilets @ SMRT interchanges, the aircon for TPY's interchange, the leaking roofs for some buses and also the big LCD screens for train wardens inside the control station.

All these are $$

espn said:
They need to support the plasma TVs in the train stations, maintenance of the toilets @ SMRT interchanges, the aircon for TPY's interchange, the leaking roofs for some buses and also the big LCD screens for train wardens inside the control station.

All these are $$

but the arguement is that we don't really need all those fancy stuff. Only those whiny citizens who complain bout little bit thing like 'why no aircon'....
most of us dun really appreciate the things they do...coz it's like not neccessary.

You don't bake a cake, u think it's nice, and try to force people to buy them.
Not willing to buy, but you force them, they pay unwillingly. End up they not happy with you behind your back. It's typical...don't u think?

LoL
:sweatsm:

sbs99 said:
but the arguement is that we don't really need all those fancy stuff. Only those whiny citizens who complain bout little bit thing like 'why no aircon'....
most of us dun really appreciate the things they do...coz it's like not neccessary.

You don't bake a cake, u think it's nice, and try to force people to buy them.
Not willing to buy, but you force them, they pay unwillingly. End up they not happy with you behind your back. It's typical...don't u think?

LoL
:sweatsm:
You obviously, don't get my sar-kas-tectone within my message eh? ;) Heehee.

espn said:
You obviously, don't get my sar-kas-tectone within my message eh? ;) Heehee.

who dun get it man... whahaha... i am soo freaked now.. i am scared of going out now... no $ to pay for bus fares..

$10 refill on the ezilink card lasts me 1.5 days when i'm out of home ... maybe it's going to be less than 1 day soon, better stay at home and don't come out :nono:

start investing on a good road bike. :)

while china progress from a country of iron horse to world class transport. we go backward to using iron horse cause the $$ loading is breaking our back. FOC, at least for now no bicycle coe, no season & hr parking fee, no bicycle rd tax, insurance.

In the end, we really need to ask ourselve, do we want so high std of living?

Plasma tv is high end tv where by we as consumer can opt not to buy, but they now use it as a high end sign board, force us to pay for it, while collecting $$ from company putting advertisment up there. Best buisness in the world man, collecting money from both ends.

eikin said:
$10 refill on the ezilink card lasts me 1.5 days when i'm out of home ... maybe it's going to be less than 1 day soon, better stay at home and don't come out :nono:

that's wat i think too.....salary no increase....very jia lat...cost everywhere go up. spending power less liao. think have to cut down all expenses liao. Hope gahmen dun complain we dun add more to country's GDP in times to come. lol

Drudkh said:
start investing on a good road bike. :)
Before you know it, they are going to force all cyclists to install ERP reader on your bicycles!

But fankly, if reasons for the bus fare increase is to be justified by high operational cost due to aircon interchanges, more mobile TVs etc, then it's
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

sbs99 said:
that's wat i think too.....salary no increase....very jia lat...cost everywhere go up. spending power less liao. think have to cut down all expenses liao. Hope gahmen dun complain we dun add more to country's GDP in times to come. lol

you think they will complain, no way man, just up the GST, problem sloved.

invest in 4x4 land rovers, run on cheap diesel...

eric69 said:
Before you know it, they are going to force all cyclists to install ERP reader on your bicycles!

But fankly, if reasons for the bus fare increase is to be justified by high operational cost due to aircon interchanges, more mobile TVs etc, then it's
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

Just think, 1 plasma tv cost $3k (they buy in bulk mah). 1 mrt station install 4, mrt interchange 6, bus interchange 2.

LCD TV cost $500, 2/mrt cabin, 2/bus

How much just to buy all these, installation & maintainence not included.

shouldn't have 'privatised' the transport sector from the start, no competition, no increase in efficiency ...
sighing2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.