Bus commuters overcharged S$300,000

Actually, $300k is not that much if you consider how many bus trips were affected so far. Who wants to go collect a refund of like $0.20?

Can someone explain the mechanism of charging and how the process resulted in overcharging $300,000.

Bus commuters have been overcharged some $300,000 since distance-based fares kicked in on 3 July.
Bus companies fine commuters for underpaid, so can commuters now sue bus companies for overcharged? Any comment?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1094863/1/.html

they screw you up, but not the other way round.. remember you have the right to spit in the following months.. PTC? dunno who are they working for.. people peasant?

how the f@ck could one person knows is he/she is overcharge .

One darn good suggestion is to make them / transilink give us a online statement of fare monthly!

Can someone explain the mechanism of charging and how the process resulted in overcharging $300,000.

The article said something about miscalculating the distance between bus stops, which results in a higher fare when the distance calculated is higher than the actual distance traveled.

well, there are people who tapped their card way be4 they drop of the bus as well. :bsmilie:
its the world of u eat me, i eat u and see who get caught first. :confused:

If 70% of our Members tap their cards 3 or more bus stops earlier for 2 solid months, I wonder how they would feel ;p;p

I think this is an INCOMPETENT company indeed.

About 150 bus services have been affected by the errors. They ply routes passing some 100 bus stops across the island.

Where are the details of which roads and bus numbers involved ? !
How could one remember how many trips had been overcharged and the exact amount to claim ?
I am sure there will be forms to fill and a long long wait for the refunds to come.

I guess they will provide minimum information and are hoping as few people claim refund as possible....

:angry::thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

well, there are people who tapped their card way be4 they drop of the bus as well. :bsmilie:
its the world of u eat me, i eat u and see who get caught first. :confused:

but they hv the upperhand, remember the 'u cheat n get caught, u will be fined' they have the powderful law on their side to safeguard their interest.

Refund claims

1. Bus services affected

*Check www.publictransport.sg for a list of affected bus stops and services

2. Confirm eligibility

*From Dec 18, commuters can find out if they are eligible for a refund at www.publictransport.sg or by calling 1800-225-5663. They must provide their 16-digit transit card number.

3. Getting a refund

*Commuters can visit any Transitlink ticket office or concession card replacement office with their transit cards.

*They can also get their money back at any add value machine found at bus interchanges and MRT stations.

*The money will be credited back to their cards

*They can apply for refunds till June 17 (2011).

From straits times website. Thankfully this time don't need to travel all the way to one station to get your refund, you can get it when you top up your card at the add value machine

their system say my bus route is not affected but why my bus fare vary between $0.81 to $0.71 from the start to now on a same bus route :dunno:

it is system problem or human error :angry:

Hey you never heard the same sentence repeated again and again when ppl make noise that distance base system is expensive than normal system?
DISTANCE BASE SYSTEM WILL BENEFIT US ALL IN LONG RUN (i wonder what they mean by ALL, all mean ppl in transportation business or General public?).
Do we really need to see result in long run when we can see result in short time with 300K overcharge :think:.