Burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2006
Singapore
autarkic.org
maybe because it was dodged and burnt?

i like the treatment.

subject is abstract ie. may have absolutely no meaning to others except to yourself. overall a pleasing composition and enough interest to get my eyes exploring.

Wisp

May 21, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Thanks! Actually you got it somewhat right on that. This was one of my very early works when I was just entering into black and white photography.

Mar 9, 2006
Dover Vista
I thought you might have some intention or story behind the photo and that made you name it "burnt". I didnt see any relation between the tittle and the photo, so I asked in order to understand and appreciate your work.

Wisp

May 21, 2004
Sydney, Australia
I thought you might have some intention or story behind the photo and that made you name it "burnt". I didnt see any relation between the tittle and the photo, so I asked in order to understand and appreciate your work.
Well, usually I leave it to the viewer's imagination, but I'd try to help you abit.

There is an intention, but there was never a story behind this photograph with the title. If you're seeking a direct route, you're going to totally miss it completely. It's all in subtlety.

Instead of paying attention to the reality of the setting (A street scene), just slip it past as a collection of objects with textures(like the wooden board), and how the light and flare plays around them, and how it seems to render another nature on those objects.

Now...if you don't quite get it, imagine this as a hot day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom