Burning slideshows in VCD format

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasD

Sep 22, 2004
Ang Mo Kio
www.focusonpixel.com
Hi,

Anyone knows of a suitable software that can burn slideshow with high resolution pics and transistion in VCD format? Currently using Pinnacles photo album and find that software unable to provide transistion when burn with high reso pics. Is Nero able to do that?
I am still using Win98, pls advise thks.

Thomas :D

Here is a link of the software that will do what is required:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=28#28

Have tried Photo2DVD and Ulead DVD Pictureshow and found them to be user friendly.
However, I still prefer to use Adobe Premiere to convert my photos to DVD. I find the quality of the conversion to be better than the 2 software mentioned above. Further more, there are more things you can do with Adobe which you are not able to do with the others.

another program u can try to get is the locally developed "Memories on TV". available at challenger for ard $20.

dont you find VCD quality does not do justice to slides ?

the pics turn out blurry and faces becomes unrecogniseable ??

I much prefer DVD

forget nero scratch memories for video - thevcd qyality is terrible or a god sent. resolution is so low that noway to a sharp clear pic from one that a little out focus.

MemoriesOnTv is easy to use and the effect is quite pleasing. But use an external encoder such as Tmpgenc to convert to Mpg1 rather than the in-built encoder. Tmpgenc gives much better quality.

MemoriesOnTv also has a Mpeg2 plugin for creating DVD. As Maxim has pointed out, VCD's quality is not too desirable. Personally, I convert to DVDs rather than VCD.

Lily =^^=

megaweb said:

Tried out the free trial ProshowGold, result the same as Pinnacle :(
No transistion seen on TV even when I burn with various effect of transistion. The preview on my PC was beautiful but it is different when burn in VCD. Must I burn it in DVD to see the effect on TV? Normally for PC and TV presentation, what is the best size and resolution for pics to be taken? Pls enlighten, 10Q!

High resolution photos don't mean much bcos the normal TV screen is 75 ~ 150dpi. In any case, softwares that provide transition effects converts your jpegs into video and thus photo quality is reduced.

Some personal tips for making VCD slideshows to reduce blockiness of the final output:

- Defrag your harddisk if u hv not done so for long time
- Burn at slower speed
- Open up your cpu cover & use an extenal fan to blow into it during the encoding process.

My 2-cents. Thanks.

Open up your cpu cover & use an extenal fan to blow into it during the encoding process. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Must be an overclocker!

SledgeHammer said:
High resolution photos don't mean much bcos the normal TV screen is 75 ~ 150dpi. In any case, softwares that provide transition effects converts your jpegs into video and thus photo quality is reduced.

Some personal tips for making VCD slideshows to reduce blockiness of the final output:

- Defrag your harddisk if u hv not done so for long time
- Burn at slower speed
- Open up your cpu cover & use an extenal fan to blow into it during the encoding process.

My 2-cents. Thanks.

Err I use Pinnacle, Adobe Premier 6 and also Pro Show Gold. I do not have to do all the above that you mentioned.:)

ThomasD said:
Tried out the free trial ProshowGold, result the same as Pinnacle :(
No transistion seen on TV even when I burn with various effect of transistion. The preview on my PC was beautiful but it is different when burn in VCD. Must I burn it in DVD to see the effect on TV? Normally for PC and TV presentation, what is the best size and resolution for pics to be taken? Pls enlighten, 10Q!

hmm...I remember the VCD that I burn using Pro Show Gold did show the transition effect of picture in TV/VCD player. :dunno:

I assume that if Win98 is still in use, the system should be < PIII, and cpu shd be rather old. For those who have no problems whatsoever - congrats. For those who experience blockiness problems in their VCD result - no harm trying, rather than spending 3 hours encoding and waste the effort. Anyway it is the solution for me. Thanks.

hi
I have seen some impressive PAN and ZOOM effect in slideshow
wonder if Premier or photoimpact can do them ???

Hi,

Finally got what I wanted, decided to go for Pro Show Gold. Have upgraded to DVD and the result is superb. I personally would rate it 9/10. For those looking for slideshow on TV with a professional touch, I would strongly recommend this software. Have also tried the MOTV, not as impressive as Proshow, the latter has got more features and the pic quality is better. Go for the latest edition of Proshow Gold. Though more expensive, it is worth the money! :D

God bless...Thomas

I tried the trial version of proshow gold but there is this "watermark" thingy at the bottom of every picture.

Is this supposed to be there so as to encourage users to buy the full version? Or can I disable the watermark?

Yeah. U got to pay to get rid of that watermark. Its a great software for windows based pcs... but i think imovie from Mac is even more versatile, its got even more transistion effects and customisable options.

Correction, iDVD to do a slideshow, you can even copy the high res photos on it to be seen by a Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.