Burning Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockers

Aug 22, 2007
Hi to all the "guru's" here,
I have a problem regarding burning photos to a dvd and viewing it on a tv. After I burn my photos on a dvd, i try to play it on my dvd player and hoping to view it on my big screen. My problem is, the disc is playing ok on the player but there is no picture on my big screen. I have try using different burning software but still no difference. Now im really confused. I hope some expert here could enlighten me on my problem.

Regards, Rockers.

Quick check, did u burn it in correct file format that the player can read?

I guess your player doesn't support JPG viewing

If so, must be very old player..lol
Heard of players that can display jpgs on CDs but not DVDs. Maybe can try.
And if trying, burn a few in different, smaller sizes, see if they display proper.

If so, must be very old player..lol
Heard of players that can display jpgs on CDs but not DVDs. Maybe can try
And if trying, burn a few in different, smaller sizes, see if they display proper.
Its a quite new player that can play almost all known format. May be I try burn on a cd. Thanks for the info.

Quick check, did u burn it in correct file format that the player can read?
Yep, check that. I burn in jpeg format and I check the box that says can be used for compatible dvd player

It does and in fact it support most format.

By the way, Those pics that I was trying to burn are all edited in photoshop and saved at resolution 300. Its size per file is quite big I tink... Do you guys tink its also a factor that The player/tv cant display?

Create a folder in your DVD. Burn the photos into this folder. Make sure you can see the photos with your PC. Insert the DVD into your player. Switch your TV to display the player input. You should see the menu of the player. Select the folder and it should list the contents of the folder. Click on the photos. Help it helps.

Thanks Bro, will try it out tonite.

The resolution of 300dpi may be too high. I've tried on mine and it takes almost forever to skip to the next photo. Scaling down the resolution definitely helps.

The resolution of 300dpi may be too high. I've tried on mine and it takes almost forever to skip to the next photo. Scaling down the resolution definitely helps.

Yeah Bro, I guess so. I will try to save it in a lower resolution. Thanks for the info.

1. There may be a size limit that is supported by the player
2. There may be a resolution limit to the picture that is supported by the player
3. The picture maybe playable. but the processing is taking too long such that the picture doesn't appear "immediately". If you wait long enough, it may appear
4. The player may support "picture CD" but not "picture DVD".

Recommendation is to burn the picture on CD. Perhaps you can try a resolution of 640 x 480. At most 1500 x 1000 since the TV won't show the increase in resolution any higher than 1920 x 1080 if using full HD TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.