Burger King for sale

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKPTIP42715420100901

Siong.

Lost the battle with MacDonald.

So why did M make it and Burger King lost it.

Both sell burgers. Both are fast food.

For me, no contest. Mac sells Coke. Burger King sells Pepsi.
I will take Coke always. So the choice got nothing to do with the burgers they sell.

Business 101 : your views.....

Last edited:
yeah BK sells coke, pepsi sold by KFC

I always preferred BK compared to Mc.
Reason cos BK has tastier burgers and their ingredients is much better.
Maybe in trying to achieve better quality they incurred higher costs than Mc and that is why they lost?

OH NO~!!!

my favourite mushroom swiss~!!!!!

oh bring back my mushroom swiss to me to me....:eek:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKPTIP42715420100901

Siong.

Lost the battle with MacDonald.

So why did M make it and Burger King lost it.

Both sell burgers. Both are fast food.

For me, no contest. Mac sells Coke. Burger King sells Pepsi.
I will take Coke always. So the choice got nothing to do with the burgers they sell.

Business 101 : your views.....

It's McDonald's, not MacDonald. ;)

Price is a huge factor. In Burger King all over the U.S.A., you pay premium prices for food that isn't premium quality. If I'm going to pay US7.00 for a burger meal, I'm going to Hardees/Carl's Jr. where the taste is really good or go to a casual dining place like Chili's and spend more but enjoy the huge number of menu items.

Against McDonald's, there shouldn't be any competition. McDonald's doesn't have good food and there are cheaper places to get better food but they have indoor playgrounds and children really don't care what they eat as long as they don't have to eat vegetables.

Some of the worst "restaurants" in the U.S.A. stay in business because they appeal to children.

Better toys and marketing for their toys.

Hello Kitty comes to mind. I can't believe I ate so many value meals just to complete the set. And then they came up with 2nd set. :embrass::rolleyes::cry:

Does anyone remember what toys BK last came up with?

Better toys and marketing for their toys.

Hello Kitty comes to mind. I can't believe I ate so many value meals just to complete the set. And then they came up with 2nd set. :embrass::rolleyes::cry:

Does anyone remember what toys BK last came up with?

can't remember...

BUT BUT i know Macs had the Snoopy international costume collection too~!!! that was nice! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mainly because of the kids... the mcdonald marketing strategy targets the kids ...when families dine out, and the kids cry for Mcdonalds, where do the parents go? MCDONALDS

marketing. mcdonald's target the children.

for most children, there's a strong advertising message that linked mcdonald's with children from a very young age. anyone recall one of their most famous advertising campaign that involves a baby smiling each time the cradle he was on, 'rocked upwards', allowing him to see the famous golden arches?

the vicious cycle go on n on each time the children grow up... ...

marketing. mcdonald's target the children.

for most children, there's a strong advertising message that linked mcdonald's with children from a very young age. anyone recall one of their most famous advertising campaign that involves a baby smiling each time the cradle he was on, 'rocked upwards', allowing him to see the famous golden arches?

the vicious cycle go on n on each time the children grow up... ...

Now I know why I still crave for McDonalds :embrass:
I will tell my gf, it's all in the subconscious and I've been programmed so since young :bsmilie:

For BL, I like the Whopper burger!!!
Big enough for me! ;)

yah, i also prefer BK, the burgers are nicer .

bousozoku explanation makes sense to why the downfall of BK happened; it's not that BK burgers are nicer than Macs (which I think they are), it's their positioning of their price and the market they are targetting, which kinda leaves them in a no-man's-land between the highs (Hardees, Carl's Jr) and the lows (Macs).

Still, I had thought that there were enough customers in this mid-range to cover their survival... but obviously not.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried the Triple Whopper yet?

Last edited:
I actually perfer BK for their burgers then McDonalds.

Last edited:
BK is good leh..... my kids love their onion rings, i like the turkey bacon

i prefer the burger in BK but the toys in Mac . . . :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Don't you guys know McDonald's is not a burger company but a real estate company?

I'm more of a BK person, pity they dont actually do real becon here compared to in UK.

Mac is winning because over the years, even since I was a kid, they were all out to attracting kids.

Attract kids, parents have to be there as well, smart marketing move :thumbsup: