Bulk film - Fuji Velvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestnow

May 29, 2002
anyone knows how many exposures i could shoot when i buy a Fuji Velvia bulk film?

Originally posted by AdamGoi

For some of us, we can roll it into 22 cannisters of 33-34 exposures...

which means, 22x33=726(approx.) exposures?

Originally posted by rochkoh
from a 100 feet roll, yes.

ooh... calculated... cheaper... thanks man...
but heard tht the quality will somehow drop right?

Originally posted by ckiang

Then whoever told you that is wrong. ;p

Regards
CK

ooh.. ok... cus i once saw tht on one of the thread in clubsnap leh...

I heard National Geo. photographer all do bulkroll themself because they can maintain the consistency of the film quality. That means if the first roll of the bulk is good, the rest of the roll will be good. That's the reason why they bought the whole shipment of film from kodak/fuji if they find the sample roll taken from the shipment is good.

Originally posted by harvestnow

ooh.. ok... cus i once saw tht on one of the thread in clubsnap leh...
hope tt is not my thread :embrass: ... maybe u have misunderstood it ... i mean expired bulk roll slide tt cause underexposed problem ... somehow I do not have this problem anymore :)

so does anyone know where to get velvia bulk roll ? how much ?

Originally posted by Klause
I heard National Geo. photographer all do bulkroll themself because they can maintain the consistency of the film quality. That means if the first roll of the bulk is good, the rest of the roll will be good. That's the reason why they bought the whole shipment of film from kodak/fuji if they find the sample roll taken from the shipment is good.

Think they buy the whole carton of individual canistors (like how the shops here buy theirs). Too troublesome for them to bulkload. That way, they maintain consistency too, as the whole carton is from the same batch.

Regards
CK

Fuji bulk films are no where insight in all the stores around the triangle :(

Originally posted by megaweb

hope tt is not my thread :embrass: ... maybe u have misunderstood it ... i mean expired bulk roll slide tt cause underexposed problem ... somehow I do not have this problem anymore :)

so does anyone know where to get velvia bulk roll ? how much ?

Either Ruby or MS Color in Ang Mo Kio, Velvia cost $125, to me... pretty cheap liao... am i right? =)
but, now, no stock...

erm... i dun think so leh... last time, i saw a national geo video, on how they actually carry out a shot is by loading normal rolls like us... well, they're rich anyway...

hmm....not too sure if they do it now themselves, but in an interview with Sam Abell a few years ago, he said they get their film "in little yellow boxes" just like the rest of us (presumably referring to Kodak films).

so i dun think they have been doing bulk loading. at least where Sam Abell is concerned ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.