Bukit timah railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

macson

Jan 22, 2007
2076397454_1355dd6765_o.png

I took this in bukit timah, a very old railway in singapore. which i thought using b&wgive more feel to it. Tell me what u think abt this picture.
I enhance the shadow casting, and did some adjustment to the sky, it was like white b4.
i dont really like the staircase at the side, i spoil the nature and old Singapore.

C&C welcome.
please give me more advice on B&W photography.
Thanks

^^

to be honest, at this small size, i quite like it

but i prefer a bigger size, just to check whether the technique, etc additional stuff are correct. something like longest edge (in this case the width) around 600-800 pixels would be great, thanks :)

to be honest, at this small size, i quite like it

but i prefer a bigger size, just to check whether the technique, etc additional stuff are correct. something like longest edge (in this case the width) around 600-800 pixels would be great, thanks :)

ok i got it done, big picture

Nice! I think there's a man 200 metres away... maybe taking him out of the pic may be less distracting? I dunno. Just my little opinion. Very nice shot!

Nice! I think there's a man 200 metres away... maybe taking him out of the pic may be less distracting? I dunno. Just my little opinion. Very nice shot!

lol.. so far u also can see ??? anyway, its my friend.
And Thanks for ur comments

Would be more dramatic from ground level.

Would be more dramatic from ground level.

might be but the distortion might have give a totally different feel.

haha i didnt spot the man until someone mention, clone him and put him in the centre! i think the leading lines here worked well but the sky at the far end alittle blown. if its possible to show alittle more details there. good shot!

think its a great shot, the b&w treatment is not bad because the textures are brought out, for example on the steel structure, the gravel and shiny rail, especially like the texture on the steel structure.. blow this up big for a print!

think its a great shot, the b&w treatment is not bad because the textures are brought out, for example on the steel structure, the gravel and shiny rail, especially like the texture on the steel structure.. blow this up big for a print!

alright, i was thinking about printing this too. but dont u think it look more like grain ? btw i was thinking about shooting it with model. take a look at some of the other shots. www.flickr.com/macson . and imagine it with some model with smoky eye.

then i will need advice from u guys, about out-door fashion shoot. beside reflector, what do i need

I think the B&W effect dos this picture great justice. Nicely done. You will probably have lots of fun learning how to dodge and burn his pic

I think the B&W effect dos this picture great justice. Nicely done. You will probably have lots of fun learning how to dodge and burn his pic

haha. yes u 're right! and thanks for ur comments.

alright, i was thinking about printing this too. but dont u think it look more like grain ? btw i was thinking about shooting it with model. take a look at some of the other shots. www.flickr.com/macson . and imagine it with some model with smoky eye.

then i will need advice from u guys, about out-door fashion shoot. beside reflector, what do i need

well.. 'grain' could be nice? for me grain and black and white go well together! i saw the other shots on flickr, i suppose you could experiment with a model shoot..for this shot though i think it works great as it is, black and white, allowing you space to imagine whatever..

you could get a reflector, experiment with wireless flash.. or..just try natural light?

Like the feel of the picture. However, watch out for the highlights as i think the middle of the pic and the sun area are all washed out. This picture prob cries out for a subject, be it a train, a man walking or an empty bottle on the track.

How can i be convinced this railway is old... dark & can't see rust... only some peeled off paint. B&W gives the feel but Texture of the structure not so...

Status
Not open for further replies.