Bukit Timah Railway Station

slmka

Dec 5, 2004

Warning : Shooting on live track are dangerous, please check with station master for permission before any shooting.

Enjoyed a windy afternoon at Bukit Timah Railyway Station.

Click on photo below to view the rest of the shoots =) C&C are most welcome

Railyway Track by slmka, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice series :thumbsup:
Did the lizard ask the station master for permission to walk on the track too? :bsmilie:

Btw, u guys went in there through albert park or?

Thx...lol the lizard think is citizien there already. (the lizard is on the old tracks)

You need to walk up from the metal bridge near King Albert, if you follow the GPS on your phone, you will end up at the house behind the station (thats what happen to me X_X)

Thx...lol the lizard think is citizien there already. (the lizard is on the old tracks)

You need to walk up from the metal bridge near King Albert, if you follow the GPS on your phone, you will end up at the house behind the station (thats what happen to me X_X)

Oh so u walked up from the iron bridge at dunearn road?
Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

Just a note:

As a regular at Bukit Timah railway station (I am a railway enthusiast), please seek permission from the Station Master first, before proceeding to do your stuffs. There has been an increase of photographers at the station and safety is an issue here.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Just a note:

As a regular at Bukit Timah railway station (I am a railway enthusiast), please seek permission from the Station Master first, before proceeding to do your stuffs. There has been an increase of photographers at the station and safety is an issue here.

Thank you.

Strongly agrees. Last sat I was at the station again and there were lots of people walking around taking photographs around the bridge area. I am not sure are these people aware this is a live track or the train schedules. I see most people came up from the right side of the track where notices been put up to seek station master permission first. But none are doing it.

Seeking a permission wont take a long time, just a few minutes additional walk to the station and you are done. You are shooting on KTM property, so is just a basic courtesy to seek permission first. It is also for your own safety so you can enjoy your shooting session.

Yes, spot on!

Sorry to say, if you don't ask, and it happens to be a bad hair day for the station master, don't come saying the station master is rude, did not let us take photos.

It's a form of basic courtesy. You are in someone else's apartment. Do you just come in and do things you like? Obviously is no. Do you like someone, or even your friends, entering your home and doing things as they like? I am very sure the answer is no. So you are in the KTM land, ask for their permission. If they say no, just say thank you and walk away.

Also, be on the lookout for the station master. If he holds a red flag or tells you to get off the tracks, just do as he says.

Sorry for whining, but as an enthusiast, we have to play apart to ensure safety in stations too.

Cheers! :D