Built-in K5 flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Lee

Feb 12, 2009
Shunfu Road, Singapore
May need the built-in flash on K5 at my niece's wedding on Friday night, so trying it out, but simply could not get it to pop up. This is the first time I am using a built-in flash. Read the manual the whole morning but never indicate why? I have my FA 31 Ltd on, set to Av mode, ISO 400, f5.6. Press the flash button, nothing happens. Can anyone help this Pentax noob.

May need the built-in flash on K5 at my niece's wedding on Friday night, so trying it out, but simply could not get it to pop up. This is the first time I am using a built-in flash. Read the manual the whole morning but never indicate why? I have my FA 31 Ltd on, set to Av mode, ISO 400, f5.6. Press the flash button, nothing happens. Can anyone help this Pentax noob.

u need to press the little button on the left side of the camera - the one with the "lightning bolt" logo. (its above the RAW button) that will release the pop-up flash.

Got press harder?

The pop up flash is supposed to just pop up when you press the release button. If it doesn't then unfortunately it seems that you need to make a trip down to emjay to let Kelvin take a look.

Thanks guys. My battery was too weak and after recharging, the flash now pops up with just a very light touch on the flash button.

Besides low battery, you may check if you have disabled the flash eg. via menu button

Besides low battery, you may check if you have disabled the flash eg. via menu button

Did check that first to make sure it was set properly. I have not charged my battery since the last meet up at Botanic gardens.

Status
Not open for further replies.