Built in flash Wireless Trigger (Commander)

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
I'm using a nikon D7000 built in flash to trigger a remote sb900 (high sync) outdoor under the sun. i was under shade then, i understand that the infra red signal will be weak under these condition, so the remote won't be able to fire. but the strange thing is, sometimes the camera shutter release has no response at all. it just like a PC hang down there....can't focus (the focusing motor has no response), can't take photos. what's the reasons behind? anyone care to advice?

I don't think your malfunction has anything to do with flash. The communication to the slave is one-way, the camera will not wait for any feedback. Your symptom of 'camera hang' has a different cause. Check the contacts with the lens. Any error messages on display? What have you tried so far to solve the issue and what were the results?

I don't think your malfunction has anything to do with flash. The communication to the slave is one-way, the camera will not wait for any feedback. Your symptom of 'camera hang' has a different cause. Check the contacts with the lens. Any error messages on display? What have you tried so far to solve the issue and what were the results?

there's no err msg. i juz power off and on, and re-focus again. and most of the time i have to try several times. i don't have this problem when not using my camera as a wireless trigger.

there's no err msg. i juz power off and on, and re-focus again. and most of the time i have to try several times. i don't have this problem when not using my camera as a wireless trigger.
Repeat your setup in controlled conditions, e.g. void deck, out of the direct sunlight. Do some systematic checks.