Built-in bluetooth connectivity on desktops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

Now, on most laptops, the bluetooth connectivity function comes in-built. (like the Wifi) Just wanted to know, are there any desktops that have in-built bluetooth connectivity. I noticed that some desktops have Wifi incorporated already.

Thanks for all replies.

:)

IMAC ....IMAC....IMAC. i second that :)

Hello everyone,

Now, on most laptops, the bluetooth connectivity function comes in-built. (like the Wifi) Just wanted to know, are there any desktops that have in-built bluetooth connectivity. I noticed that some desktops have Wifi incorporated already.

Thanks for all replies.

:)

That's a rare find if you are buying a branded PC system that would come with it. And given bluetooth is no where as fast and have distance limitation disadvantage over wifi...Computer makers are not willing to put such devices in as standard given it just complicate matters more with s/w compatibility issue and tech support for it. That is why even wifi is not found on every model of a given line of a particular brand.

But it is not that hard to get one into your system these day. Head into any hardware IT shop in SLS or Funan and buy a small USB type bluetooth unit for less then $30. I use one to basically link and update my PDA or mobile phone to my PC to backup data or share calendar details.

just buy a dongle and get over with it...

That's a rare find if you are buying a branded PC system that would come with it. And given bluetooth is no where as fast and have distance limitation disadvantage over wifi...Computer makers are not willing to put such devices in as standard given it just complicate matters more with s/w compatibility issue and tech support for it. That is why even wifi is not found on every model of a given line of a particular brand.

But it is not that hard to get one into your system these day. Head into any hardware IT shop in SLS or Funan and buy a small USB type bluetooth unit for less then $30. I use one to basically link and update my PDA or mobile phone to my PC to backup data or share calendar details.

Thanks for the comments, Del_CtrlnoAlt & sammy888. Yes, I am using a USB bluetooth dongle on my current PC now. (a cheap one - using Blue Soleil) I find that it is not reliable. And I did not like the Blue Soleil interface. I have tried my friend's laptop with in-built bluetooth, the interface was the Widows Explorer, which is very user friendly.

Thanks for the comments, Del_CtrlnoAlt & sammy888. Yes, I am using a USB bluetooth dongle on my current PC now. (a cheap one - using Blue Soleil) I find that it is not reliable. And I did not like the Blue Soleil interface. I have tried my friend's laptop with in-built bluetooth, the interface was the Widows Explorer, which is very user friendly.

get something with broadcom lor...

http://www.bluesoleil.com/ <-- your bluetooth software...

broadcom is a brand of bluetooth that most manufacturers use so if you like the type of 'generic' feature from laptop or other desktop, best is to get this brand... but do note, you have to search on which manufacturer of the dongle actually use this, then you can just get that and download the generic drivers... most likely PnP.

Status
Not open for further replies.