Building toppling to one side

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratchet1981

Jul 6, 2007
Yishun
Hi, guys, I have been taking some pics of few buildings. Every time i took pics of the building direct straight, the horizontal line of the ground always slant to 1 side, therefore making the building like falling to one side, but if taking the building from an angle, the pic is ok....

Just want to ask, is is due to the way i am holding the camera or is it due to the uneven ground.....

thanks

Yor are describing a perspective distortion or better known as keystone effects. This happens when your camera is not being aligned parallel to the building, most of the time being tilted upwards to capture the building entirely.

Yor are describing a perspective distortion or better known as keystone effects. This happens when your camera is not being aligned parallel to the building, most of the time being tilted upwards to capture the building entirely.

So that means I shld aligned my camera parallel to the building?? If I want to aligned parallel, what can i use as a guide, is the road or the fence or any lines etc parallel to the building a useful guide?:think:

I think that in order to be sure, not only must you align, you must also stand directly in front and center of the building. If you off center, but parallel vertically, I think there will be some distortion too.

thanks guys for the advise:thumbsup:....will try it out..:bsmilie:

Just want to ask, is is due to the way i am holding the camera or is it due to the uneven ground.....

You can use the camera focusing grid ( if present ) to align the lines
Can also employ the help of spirit levels if u using a tripod ( does do much good handholding )

01S5XYP8YKL.jpg

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.