Build a $10k PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Read in today's digital life, 1 reviewer set up a box that cost $10k, with mostly tip-top stuffs.

:sweat:

Frankly speaking, I'll rather build 5 x $2k box and set up a mini lan game room. Then invite friends over for a game, kakak, maybe at a minimal charges for electricity. ;p

Your views?

togu said:
Read in today's digital life, 1 reviewer set up a box that cost $10k, with mostly tip-top stuffs.

Frankly speaking, I'll rather build 5 x $2k box and set up a mini lan game room. Then invite friends over for a game, kakak, maybe at a minimal charges for electricity. ;p

Your views?

good choice~ :thumbsup: :) ..pa Swat 4 ? :sticktong

2K for comp, 8K for cameras (D200+trinity lens) and other stuffs makes better sense.:think:

togu said:

Your views?
Hmm... Good. But wad's he gonna do with his $10K PC? Play games and **** it out by claiming that he's got a $10K PC? :bsmilie:

Can anyone who'd read DigiTimes tell me what the heck is he planning to do with his $10K PC? Server Farm? Rendering graphics, animation & video for the next Lucasfilm movie within a Cluster?

Sjourn said:
2K for comp, 8K for cameras (D200+trinity lens) and other stuffs makes better sense.:think:

nah, 6k on a monitor, 3K for a system, 500 for a pair of speakers, 100 for a mouse, 50 for a keyboard, den scrimp & save for a P&S, den do photoshop on the almost 10k system... note, almost..

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
nah, 6k on a monitor, 3K for a system, 500 for a pair of speakers, 100 for a mouse, 50 for a keyboard, den scrimp & save for a P&S, den do photoshop on the almost 10k system... note, almost..
Its overkill, even for Photoshop.

jsbn said:
Hmm... Good. But wad's he gonna do with his $10K PC? Play games and **** it out by claiming that he's got a $10K PC? :bsmilie:

Can anyone who'd read DigiTimes tell me what the heck is he planning to do with his $10K PC? Server Farm? Rendering graphics, animation & video for the next Lucasfilm movie within a Cluster?

NOt too sure, didn't read properly. I think it's meant for reviewing games. :sweat:

It's normal if you have SCSI plus all the other high-end stuff. I once did some planning and costing for a high end pc and came to about 11K. But that was just for the fun of it. I would rather put my money on a good cam and lens and build myself a 2 - 3k pc.

jbma said:
It's normal if you have SCSI plus all the other high-end stuff. I once did some planning and costing for a high end pc and came to about 11K. But that was just for the fun of it. I would rather put my money on a good cam and lens and build myself a 2 - 3k pc.

betul... :thumbsup:

u know, master togu... at $10K, u can get urself a 2nd-hand 1Ds and still got money left over for a 70-200/f2.8 IS USM lens, or a really kilat PS computer. :sweat:

hehe..you guys know something? It is so easy to rationalise an item we think is over indulging and silly to pay and then there is something we personally like which we feel is really worth paying for it....even if it cost an arm and a leg. Paying for a 10K PC might be crazy to me if I am into photography but to a PC geek..they would think we are crazy to be buying a Professional Camera that cost $6,000+ for a body and an equal amount or more for a few lens...when we are not professional and have no professional need for one! heheheh.. But we do buy one!

I have a friend who enjoy riding his $300 moutain bike along East Coast and Changi Road. He thinks I am crazy to buy and ride a $7,000 hand built Klien MTB..doing the same route as he does. BUT...he has two Mercedes Benz and only he drives in the family. heheheh.

At the end of the day it is about passion for what you like. Like it enough you can go all the way ...inlcuding going overboard to sooth your ego :)

nightwolf75 said:
betul... :thumbsup:

u know, master togu... at $10K, u can get urself a 2nd-hand 1Ds and still got money left over for a 70-200/f2.8 IS USM lens, or a really kilat PS computer. :sweat:
Well I think he just need to change his Ram then kilat liao.

hehehe.e.e.

sammy888 said:
hehe..you guys know something? It is so easy to rationalise an item we think is over indulging and silly to pay and then there is something we personally like which we feel is really worth paying for it....even if it cost an arm and a leg. Paying for a 10K PC might be crazy to me if I am into photography but to a PC geek..they would think we are crazy to be buying a Professional Camera that cost $6,000+ for a body and an equal amount or more for a few lens...when we are not professional and have no professional need for one! heheheh.. But we do buy one!

I have a friend who enjoy riding his $300 moutain bike along East Coast and Changi Road. He thinks I am crazy to buy and ride a $7,000 hand built Klien MTB..doing the same route as he does. BUT...he has two Mercedes Benz and only he drives in the family. heheheh.

At the end of the day it is about passion for what you like. Like it enough you can go all the way ...inlcuding going overboard to sooth your ego :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

as long as he/she is happy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.