Bugis Bird Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel

Aug 14, 2003
Thomson
Visit site
Was shooting around Bugis area when this man comes up to me to take a photograph of him! Nice to have a willing subject but his smile just disappears in front of the camera. Hope to hear comments so I can improve on this kind of portrait shots.

Bugis-bird-owner.jpg

I feel that the lack of him smiling works for this photograph especially when done in greyscale. The background with something cutting the middle of his head is a little distracting though. might have worked better if you moved a little more so that he's in the centre of the corridor instead. Plus the factt that his left arm is chopped off at the wrist is a little disconcerting to me.

Overall, the mood of the shot is well portrayed. In future, perhaps if he is willing to let you photograph him (and if you ever see him again), do a series of him with the birds. A more closeup shot of the birdcage with him looking at the bird or whistling to it might be interesting.

These are my thoughts. Keep shooting!

Too much space on top of his head. Got to crop it tighter. Dun crop off the left hand, look kinda of weird for a portrait shot.

Perhaps the bird leg could hook onto the cage would be better, i believe this type of bird tend to hop around the cage actively.

Find him and shoot again. ;p

nice... i like...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: but ya... composition could be better... as in the background....

Thanks for all your critiques and comments. Does this tighter shot work better?

Bugis-bird-man-02a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.