Budget Wireless Flash Triggers

Sphben

Mar 27, 2011
Hey guys!

I've been looking around the internet for one for quite some time and all the really budget triggers have their transmitters using the CR2 battery which I don't really want to be using because of the availability and the hassle to have to specially buy it when it drains out. And knowing myself, I won't have to be using flashes at more than ten meters away. Please help enlighten me on any budget trigger systems which use more generic batteries such as the AA or AAA batteries. The only one I know of so far is the cactus system but I would like to know if anyone knows of any other brands that would fit my description. I'm not really ready to jump into systems like the Phottix Strato which already costs more than my flash itself!

Thank you all!:)

The CR2 batteries last forever ... if I recall correctly it should last you three years based on daily usage.

Nothing to worry about. Whereas if use AA, if u end up depleting the batteries frequently, the cost may be higher.

I am using Trigmaster. It uses CR2 batteries + AAA battery. Ermm actually u can buy these CR2 batteries easily at those neighbourhood budget shops that sells lots of different types of batteries. So far mine haven run out since last year.

Agreed with the above, CR2 batteries are actually quite easy to get.
It won't run dry on you quick either, unless you are trigger happy.

Agreed with the above, CR2 batteries are actually quite easy to get.
It won't run dry on you quick either, unless you are trigger happy.

I agreed too

Thanks for your replies! I'm just more towards going for rechargeable batteries if possible.
I'm wondering how long does your receiver AAA batteries last too and if there are possibilities of CR2 batteries leaking D:

Thanks for your replies! I'm just more towards going for rechargeable batteries if possible.
I'm wondering how long does your receiver AAA batteries last too and if there are possibilities of CR2 batteries leaking D:

any batteries will leak. just take out your batteries from the triggers when not in use.

my AAA batteries also lasted till last year.

any batteries will leak. just take out your batteries from the triggers when not in use.

my AAA batteries also lasted till last year.

That doesn't sound too bad... I would like to use AAA coz NiMH batteries don't leak when stored for long periods of time.
Sounds like the power usage is really low! Makes me wonder if I should take the risk with alkaline batteries though I really hate them a lot >< I'm just really picky when it comes to batteries.

You can get the Yonguo ones off ebay. Think it's about $20+ a transmitter/receiver.

You can get the Yonguo ones off ebay. Think it's about $20+ a transmitter/receiver.

Problem with those are the CR2 batteries that I would love to avoid...