Budget Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshift

Jul 11, 2006
Hey csers..

I am poor student looking for tripod.. :cry: My budget is only $150.. but the lesser price the better..

My camera set currently about 2kg, but maybe next time i buy a tele lens so i want tripod at least can held about a dslr + 75-300 lens+external flash (my dream set) ;p

Please give advice for me.. I'd appreciate any advice..

Thanks! :)

Hey sniper..
I went and check it.. I will think of that though its quite pricey for me.. anymore advice?
I found this ppcp tripod ( http://www.perfectpixelcameraparts.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=10 ).. from the spec, i think its quite good.. anybody use this tripod? can give some feedback please?

Thanks

Im using this one
Its a pretty sturdy tripod for the price
But PPCP service is only so so... I had to wait more than 1 mth for the tripod

thanks for the feedback m00nman..

hey jmmtn4aj can give more info? like the price and the weight.. thanks

thanks for the feedback m00nman..

hey jmmtn4aj can give more info? like the price and the weight.. thanks

It's around 1.5 kilos with the standard pan/tilt head. I have mine with an MH-1200 ballhead and it's a little heavier. I got it for ~130 (with the default Slik pan/tilt head) from Lords at Lucky Plaza, but call ahead to check for stock.

Thanks all for the feedback

i think ill go for a ppcp..

hi nightmare,
is the price in mscolour the same with ppcp online store?

Thanks all for the feedback

i think ill go for a ppcp..

hi nightmare,
is the price in mscolour the same with ppcp online store?

Not sure, actually. I did go by once, but you can always call them, since they aren't located in the most central location, not that convenient unless you happen to stay around AMK.

As for the number, please google MS Colour; I do that all the time myself to check the number.. =D

In any case, if you try out the PPCP and it is not to your liking, you can always try what I use currently, a Slik Sprint, there are 2 versions, one with a ballhead and one with a 3-way pan-tilt head. Not sure how heavy your 75-300 is exactly, but if it's as light as the Sigma 70-300 macro (~500-600g) definitely will hold. Very light, easy to set up, and cheap. And not that easy to spoil, I've used mine to do all sorts of funny things before, like bash through branches and leaves and it's working fine, the legs are anyways. Had to replace the head already.

I have seen the PPCP tripod before, it looks and feels pretty good, for the price you are paying, actually. Might actually replace mine in a while with that, if I have enough $. =D

i see.. i will try that slik sprint if i cant get a ppcp by this saturday.. :D thanks for the advice..

i see.. i will try that slik sprint if i cant get a ppcp by this saturday.. :D thanks for the advice..
be prepared to change the head... the ball head of slik sprint pro ain't meant for dSLR...

ahh! I'm using Slik 340DX too.. but looks like i over paid at AP liao.. :sticktong

ahh! I'm using Slik 340DX too.. but looks like i over paid at AP liao.. :sticktong

guess...some of the item are cheaper or more ex from shop to shop...i got the manfrotto xproB at good price from AP...

to TS,

sprint pro is too light IMHO

Hi all thanks for the info..

I got my ppcp yesterday.. It seems pretty good will try it tonight.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.