Budget of S$200 for a camera bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkTan89

Jun 30, 2007
Boon Keng
I'm currently looking to get myself a bigger camera bag as my current Fastpack 200 is becoming insufficient as my lens and accessories get more. I would prefer a sling-style type of bag. I saw one ThinkTank sling at John recently, going for S$179, not sure of the exact model though. Looked good, anymore recommendations ?

Thanks guys

how much bigger?

what equipment do you have?

note that carrying too much equipment around will also pwn your ability to shoot. there is no point lugging 5 or 6 lenses around and ending up too tired to focus properly on your shot proper.

how much bigger?

what equipment do you have?

note that carrying too much equipment around will also pwn your ability to shoot. there is no point lugging 5 or 6 lenses around and ending up too tired to focus properly on your shot proper.

Cause now when I squeeze in my 40D with grip, it's already stretching the seams so I want something which is easier to close. and has faster access to the camera.

Suggest you go down to Cathay Photo to take a look. They have quite a number of bags.

One of the brands that they carry is Lowepro : http://www.lowepro.com/

Do note that the price tags on the bags are before discount. "Rule of thumb" is you can get them for about half the price on the tags.

I'm currently looking to get myself a bigger camera bag as my current Fastpack 200 is becoming insufficient as my lens and accessories get more. I would prefer a sling-style type of bag. I saw one ThinkTank sling at John recently, going for S$179, not sure of the exact model though. Looked good, anymore recommendations ?

Thanks guys

List your gears here so we can know what you want to put in.
Also check out http://www.cambags.com/

Bring all your gear to the shop and see if it fits in :)

"Bring all your gear to the shop"

Hmm, anyone notice that TS has a problem bringing everything he has in the bag he owns? Haha!

Slingstyled bag.. Crumpler 7mdh? Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650AW?

I was thinking of trying not so mainstream brands like ThinkTank, Domke, KATA and Tamrac. I have a gripped 40D, Sigma 24-70 (huge lens - requires 82mm filters), EF 100/2.8 Macro, 50/1.8, 430EX, cleaning stuff (microfibre cloth, blower, lenspen). I forsee myself buying one more lens in the near future too.

You may want to try Lowepro Slingshot 200, 250 or 300. They are sling style bags with easy access to the camera.

"Bring all your gear to the shop"

Hmm, anyone notice that TS has a problem bringing everything he has in the bag he owns? Haha!

Slingstyled bag.. Crumpler 7mdh? Lowepro Stealth Reporter 650AW?

Plastic bags are cheap and can provide a temporary (or long term) solution :p

Thanks guys

Are you referring to Speedfreak? But it also comes with waist pouch carry option. It can hold a body with lens attached. But if you need to put it in with the grip, you may need to rearrange the inserts abit. Probably 2-3 more lenses and it should be full. Good thing is that you can add extra add-ons on the waist puch support. That can allow you to increase another few lens/ flash. But the weight is going be an issue if you go to that extent, and rather bulky.

The other 2 that may fit the price that you mentioned is probably change up and UD30. But their capacity is lesser than speedfreak.

You could try Tamrac velocity 8 or 9. I am not used to using sling, but I think if you are specifically looking for sling, it might suit you.

I was thinking of trying not so mainstream brands like ThinkTank, Domke, KATA and Tamrac. I have a gripped 40D, Sigma 24-70 (huge lens - requires 82mm filters), EF 100/2.8 Macro, 50/1.8, 430EX, cleaning stuff (microfibre cloth, blower, lenspen). I forsee myself buying one more lens in the near future too.

Domke F-2? :think:

I like the F-6 too ! I'm planning to get that. Looks a bit like the Billingham Hadley Original. That's a dream bag but too expensive for me now :cry:

i hv a 7 million bag...
max i think can fit in d80 with grip n 16-85 attached, 50mm f1.8,sb600 + another mid-large sized lens n a big diffuser from golden white.

Tamrac Adventure messenger 5 good choice.... :thumbsup: give it a try, wun regret it and it is definitely within your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.