Budget hotel in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeJerry

Feb 17, 2007
planet earth
my friend will be in town tomorrow and he is looking for a budget hotel.
Anybody here knows where to find cheap hotel here, maximum $40/day nett?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

hotel might abit difficult. Hostel? U can try at little india if your friend dont mind those backpacker hostels. There are a few good and cosy one.

Thanks in advance.

geylang (I am serious).
but don't bother with quality.

hotel might abit difficult. Hostel? U can try at little india if your friend dont mind those backpacker hostels. There are a few good and cosy one.

Thanks, will propose this to him.

geylang (I am serious).
but don't bother with quality.

hahaha... never know about this... not sure my friend will like the place or not..
he never come to Singapore before... But thanks for the advice...

if your friend is staying for 1- 2 weeks or more.. u can refer him to those short-term rental

Thanks in advance.
Seen a few along Jalan Besar and they are clean (I even went to see the room myself), but I think the one I saw only had dormitory style rooms.......think it was even lower than SGD 40/night

The 2 are quite close to each other along Jalan Besar, between Kitchener road and Veerasamy road, both on your right hand side when going towards Sim Lim.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_13293/travel_site_1/

HS

New Cathay in Geylang, clean, have stayed there myself, and meets your budget.

$40/night is damn tough..

I usually go to Geylang for food, I noticed the rates are about $80/night for most hotels (not Hotel 81/Fragrance)..
BUT I don't know what's the standard like in the rooms. Never been to one and never though of..

If I want a cheaper stay as compared to 4-star or 5-star hotels, I might as well choose IBIS hotel (newly open, opposite Burlington Sq)??

I have put up guests at 4 Chains Hotel in Geylang before

Its located on junction of Geylang Rd and Geylang Lorong 39

1. Far away enough from the Red Light District and relatively peaceful with dedicated floors/rooms for regular bookings

2. They have a couple of attic units which are very cool

3. Prices are between $40+ to 70 a day nett ..... room with own shower

4. Plenty of food all day and night in that area..... next door is 24hr mini mart and across the street is 7-11

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-6597294-four_chain_hotel-i

The only downside....... 15min walk to nearest MRT

Thank you all for your suggestion.
I decided to let my friend to stay at my house since he is really on budget and he will also bring his family to Singapore ... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.