budget around 1.2k....what the best dslr can i get???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lie012

Jan 8, 2010
looking dslr camera that i can explore their function more, more and more....cos im not easily satisfied if that toys too simple....

A second hand D200 + grip and maybe some accessories.?

still have yet to find someone who says using it is too easy.

looking dslr camera that i can explore their function more, more and more....cos im not easily satisfied if that toys too simple....

D5000. but D90 would be a better choice though more costly.

Sony A500.

91371344_0baed21326.jpg

This one looks good..I think you can make one from paper for a low cost

Pentax Kx with 18-55 kit lens is at this price. Well within your budget at ~$960
Very good Noise Reduction at high ISOs
On body shake reduction
HD video
On body lens drive motor
Proper spot meter function

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/

Very little lacking from a so called 'entry level' model. Compare the specs vs the competition yourself.

if ur budget only for camera and lens: d5000
if ur budget includes everything from tripod to dry-cab: d3000

Save up longer for d90 + digi cabi + grip batt. U don't want to waste more money to upgrade within a year or two don't u?

get a second hand set, entry level. when u are more into dslr, den get a original set, semi prof kind :cool:

Get an A. inexpensive and lots of promising new features. or get a 40D 2nd hand with a 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM. last time i saw someone who sold it for 1250. :thumbsup:

Nikon d5000

Get an A. inexpensive and lots of promising new features. or get a 40D 2nd hand with a 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM. last time i saw someone who sold it for 1250. :thumbsup:

Agree with laposto. :thumbsup:

I was in similar situation 2 weeks ago. Got a 2nd hand but unused 40D with incredibly low shutter count from a friend. Borrowed lens from a couple of other frens before deciding on a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 Non-VC and got a mint sharp copy used also. All in around 1.2K spent. And I supposed you won't be hard pressed to upgrade the body too soon nor even the lens.

Cheers!

personally, i do not think getting a 2nd hand camera is a good idea, especially for a newbie, unless it at least comes with some sort of left over warranty (not seller's personal warranty). this is becoz a beginner might not have the experience to check the item proper by himself. buying a brand new one is less risky in a way, althou its more expensive. its actually not a lot of money being saved, considering the risk and pain you may have to go through if you're unlucky.

if you know of some reliable sellers or some gd friends that can check the item for you or is willing to take the risk, getting a 2nd hand will be good. :)

If u buy new...
The noise performance rating is Nikon D5000, and followed by Canon 500D & Pentax K-x which both r on par. Remember tat D5000 can only use AFS lens, else u hv to manual focus for AFD lens. (correct me if i'm wrong cuz i'm a Oly user).

If u nid a smaller size, Oly EP-1 or 2, Panasonic GF1 but they hv compromise in noise performance. But if u know the limit, and use it well, gd photos can be produced as well.

personally, i do not think getting a 2nd hand camera is a good idea, especially for a newbie :)

I think it totally makes sense? why buy a brand new for practice? its like buying a new car just to learn how to drive.. buy 2nd hand first then when your ready and very good with it and you feel you want to upgrade then buy a new bnew upgraded system.

If u buy new...
The noise performance rating is Nikon D5000, and followed by Canon 500D & Pentax K-x which both r on par. Remember tat D5000 can only use AFS lens, else u hv to manual focus for AFD lens. (correct me if i'm wrong cuz i'm a Oly user).

If u nid a smaller size, Oly EP-1 or 2, Panasonic GF1 but they hv compromise in noise performance. But if u know the limit, and use it well, gd photos can be produced as well.

Apologies if I read you wrongly. Kx tops in terms of high ISO noise reduction.
See the comparison pictures yourself.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/page15.asp
Just look at ISO1600 and higher. Compared to the Kx the other NR pictures are just smudges.

Status
Not open for further replies.