Budget Airline

Status
Not open for further replies.

locksley

Jan 26, 2004
Central Area
Hi all,

Like to know if anyone here know how to get tickets from any budget Airline ?
I will be going to port dickson in july
according to GF, she said that taking a flight to KL airport will be easier to go to Port Dickson.

is it true ?

REgards
Locksley :)

locksley said:
Hi all,

Like to know if anyone here know how to get tickets from any budget Airline ?
I will be going to port dickson in july
according to GF, she said that taking a flight to KL airport will be easier to go to Port Dickson.

is it true ?

REgards
Locksley :)

AirAsia ticket can be bought online at http://www.airasia.com or from any SingPost office. One warning about AirAsia - Currently, their Singapore AOC is not approved yet. You have to take a bus to Senai, JB to fly to KL. But going to Malaysia most like u need to fly AirAsia cos they are THE Malaysia Budget airline. They offered the most destination in Malaysia.

Lion Air - Currently, going from Singapore to Jarkata only.

Valuair just got its AOC. Don't think they have any flight yet. But their destination is mainly Perth and HK.

Tiger Air - No news yet. But heard that UK have another Tiger Air so maybe going into lawsuit on company name.

darkspade said:
AirAsia ticket can be bought online at http://www.airasia.com or from any SingPost office. One warning about AirAsia - Currently, their Singapore AOC is not approved yet. You have to take a bus to Senai, JB to fly to KL. But going to Malaysia most like u need to fly AirAsia cos they are THE Malaysia Budget airline. They offered the most destination in Malaysia.

Lion Air - Currently, going from Singapore to Jarkata only.

Valuair just got its AOC. Don't think they have any flight yet. But their destination is mainly Perth and HK.

Tiger Air - No news yet. But heard that UK have another Tiger Air so maybe going into lawsuit on company name.

Fyi, SingTel just launched a service together with AirAsia. You can actually book a ticket using your handphone via *39399.

I see
Thanks ppl
so far only AirAsia is available now.

Hmmm

Anyone been to Port Dickson be4 ?

How did u go there ?

If you are not in a rush, it's quite pleasant to go by train. Take the first class coach, you can stretch out and enjoy the journey, and there will be lots of scenery and photo-opportunities along the way. Getting there is half the fun.

We stayed at the Avillon, which is basically populated by Singaporeans. Nice place. The beach is not fantastic. Do visit the pasar malam - lots of hustle and bustle.

StreetShooter said:
If you are not in a rush, it's quite pleasant to go by train. Take the first class coach, you can stretch out and enjoy the journey, and there will be lots of scenery and photo-opportunities along the way. Getting there is half the fun.

We stayed at the Avillon, which is basically populated by Singaporeans. Nice place. The beach is not fantastic. Do visit the pasar malam - lots of hustle and bustle.

Taking train hmmm :think:
May I know what is the duration and how to go Port Disckson from the train staion ?

I will be staying at Avillon also.
Can't wait to see the water chalet !! :cool:

Regards
Locksley

locksley said:
I see
Thanks ppl
so far only AirAsia is available now.

Hmmm

Anyone been to Port Dickson be4 ?

How did u go there ?

Yup, I was there 2 years ago...drove down with my family. Quite a nice & quiet place, unlike the more populated beach resorts of Tioman, Langkawi etc.

Cheap & nice seafood! :thumbsup:

The train journey took about 7 hours if I recall correctly. We took a taxi from the train station. Quite cheap, and lots of taxis queueing up for your business. Negotiate the cost beforehand - was about RM30 I think.

Oh, forget the ostrich farm.

locksley said:
I will be staying at Avillon also.
Can't wait to see the water chalet !! :cool:

Regards
Locksley

Was there 2-3 years ago, its the room that's nice, open roof shower, room very spacious for 2 person, but dun have too high expectation on the beach/water though.
Avillioin is very resort like, if for sun, sea and sand, I still prefer Redang, but at Avillion still have plenty of photo taking opportunities.

I went there from K.L, took a cab there, think about RM$80-100, 1/2 hour from K.L

I don't think Air Asia flys to anywhere near Port Dickson.
Too much hassle getting from Sg to Senai, fly Senai to KLIA, and come back down to Port Dickson.
I suggest to take the overnight train to Seremban, and take taxi from there to Port Dickson.

You can check out the train schedule and pricing at http://www.ktmb.com.my.

Status
Not open for further replies.