Budget $2300-2500 : What to get????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanonFanz

Apr 6, 2009
Hi all,

I need an advice here....i wanted to purchase a dslr + lens + prime + flash...with a budget above....but still very much confused as to what should i get...

I am open to both canon / nikon...i have in mind D90 / canon 50D....which one should i get?
I want camera with good high iso (>1600) performance...

Or should i just get dslr + kit + flash....i wanted something good for low light as well...

hope to get it before 26september....any advice bros out there?? mainly it will be used for friends gathering, outing, dinner, portrait, night time / low light.....will be attending a wedding party soon...so...really need something good....

please give me your suggestion :)

2nd hand 5D + 430ex2(2nd hand)+ 28-105mm(2nd hand)+ 85mm 1.8(2nd hand)

Will cost about 2.5k- 2.6k

Hi all,

I need an advice here....i wanted to purchase a dslr + lens + prime + flash...with a budget above....but still very much confused as to what should i get...

I am open to both canon / nikon...i have in mind D90 / canon 50D....which one should i get?

Or should i just get dslr + kit + flash....i wanted something good for low light as well...

hope to get it before 26september....any advice bros out there?? mainly it will be used for friends gathering, outing, dinner, portrait, night time / low light.....will be attending a wedding party soon...so...really need something good....

1st of all, why good high iso performance is what you want?
Seems 5D is a good choice for you.
Or 40D is not bad.

If you have a budget for flash, you should be able to survive with ISO800 (for a wedding dinner), which means 450D can fit your need.

450D
Flash 430 EXII
Tamron 17-50
EF 50 f1.8

Not forget
Dry cabinet
Tripod

Should be fit your need
p/s: just my personal opinion + preference.

i think the 5D+24-105 is a good combi for you...

can consider?

Hi all,

You should get Canon 50D kit II (17-85mm) + 3rd party Flash (Tumax flash). about $2500.
You try to email to CP (Cathay Photo) for e-quote.

many other shops to get from...

John 3:16, OP, Lords...

can get quotes from all and then decide where to buy.

5D+24-105 would exceed ur budget. how about 5D + 24-85 + 430ex + tripod should about = 2.5k:) For high ISO noise D90/50D cannot come close

5D+24-105 would exceed ur budget. how about 5D + 24-85 + 430ex + tripod should about = 2.5k:) For high ISO noise D90/50D cannot come close

how much did you buy your set-up for? 5d plus the 24-105?

maybe TS can also consider lenses like 28-105, 28-200?

5D+24-105 would cost at least 2.9k even if purchased from B&S

d90+16-85vr+sb600 :thumbsup:

if u look for them in the BnS, u should get them within ur budget

Why do you need high ISO? What is more important to you, sharpness and detail, or low noise at the cost of detail?

if you are shooting low light, high iso performance isnt as important as a large aperture lens.

heck with the right NR tools even the lowest end camera around can be a good high ISO performer.

go for large aperture lense and a decent body for the $.... better NR reduces detail.... so squared up actually....

i'm using both 50mm and tamron 17-50 for dinner, portraits under low light. With a d90 body only, everything shld add up to about 2.2k. spend the remainder on a flash and a dry cabi =)

Hi all,

if you want high iso performance, 5D is the most reasonable.
a good condition 5D (rated at least 9) will cost u about 1700-1900. for the lens, u can get 85mm f/1.8, 2nd hand may cost u around 450-500. then maybe u can buy 430EX II.

other hand, u may consider to D90 or 50D, or maybe D300 second hand. pair it with 50mm 1.8 and also can consider tamron 17-50. then u still can buy flash gun for the rest of your budget....

good luck :D

I'd actually suggest a Sony A500/A550. It'll be out in a week or two, has fast autofocus liveview, a tilting LCD screen, built-in HDR, up to 7FPS and good high ISO performance.

d90+16-85vr+sb600 :thumbsup:

if u look for them in the BnS, u should get them within ur budget

D90 + 16-85vr + sb600...i have ever consider this...but if i have only this lens...would it be enough?

Why do you need high ISO? What is more important to you, sharpness and detail, or low noise at the cost of detail?

Because i tend to shoot at low light situation, and hope that by having camera capable of high iso with low noise i can opt not to fire flash...

if you want high iso performance, 5D is the most reasonable.
a good condition 5D (rated at least 9) will cost u about 1700-1900. for the lens, u can get 85mm f/1.8, 2nd hand may cost u around 450-500. then maybe u can buy 430EX II.

other hand, u may consider to D90 or 50D, or maybe D300 second hand. pair it with 50mm 1.8 and also can consider tamron 17-50. then u still can buy flash gun for the rest of your budget....

good luck :D

is D300 high iso good?? or its the same as D90?
It seems like from the response, D90 is not good on the iso part too....:think:

your username is canonfanz

therefore, you shouldn't buy a nikon :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.