Buddhism and Roots

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
I took these 2 pics while walking about my area.. For the 1st pic, I wanted to bring out the theme, Buddhism.. For the 2nd, its about remembering our roots no matter who we are.. Would appreciate any C&C as to whether these 2 pictures work for u guys and how I can improve. Thanks

1) Seeking Enlightenment
DSC_2622_resized_.jpg

2) Remembering Our Roots(Singapore)
DSC_2618_resized_.jpg

Any1 care to give some comments for these 2 photos? Would appreciate it very much. Thanks..:)

aaron80 said:
Any1 care to give some comments for these 2 photos? Would appreciate it very much. Thanks..:)

if it is a monk I think it suit better for your theme, or else it seems like just normal yoga or mediation to me.

Nothing int the pic that links to any Buddhism contents. Neither the man or the surrounding that shows Buddhism.

vincenthau said:
if it is a monk I think it suit better for your theme, or else it seems like just normal yoga or mediation to me.

Nothing int the pic that links to any Buddhism contents. Neither the man or the surrounding that shows Buddhism.

I second that.

Thanks alot for the comments guys!:) Looks like my concept wasn't that good.. Will take note and hope to improve next time!

aaron80 said:
I took these 2 pics while walking about my area.. For the 1st pic, I wanted to bring out the theme, Buddhism.. For the 2nd, its about remembering our roots no matter who we are.. Would appreciate any C&C as to whether these 2 pictures work for u guys and how I can improve. Thanks

allow me to comments if you dun mind......

Both pictures do not have anything related or any subject pointed toward the religion.
To me as i read the photos.......

#1, is just a man resting or having his breathing exercise after his morning Qigong or Tai-chi
practise.

#2, seem like he is singing our Singapore nationa anthem....may be is our national day. the flag behind tells it.

you may wish to try out taking photo in our local temples which have more element that can leads you to the title or theme you wish to express it out.
;)

Content does not relate to title.
Meditation does not mean that the person has to be Buddhist either.

Could be falun-gong too.

Thanks for the feedbacks jesser and xray!:) I know the concept isn't that well brought out.. Will research more for my future shoots..

Actually I rather like the idea of meditation (Note the lotus position) outside of the context of a temple. The contrast can be rather interesting and unique. But agree with the rest that there is something there...just not really there just yet.

Thanks for the comments! Ya I realised that this is a problem I am facing nw.. Sometimes I have the idea but I juz can't execute and bring out the idea well enough..:( Anyway I will continue shooting and hope to be able to improve soon..

bluroom said:
Actually I rather like the idea of meditation (Note the lotus position) outside of the context of a temple. The contrast can be rather interesting and unique. But agree with the rest that there is something there...just not really there just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.