Buddha Tooth Exhibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strictly no photography allowed as stated on the website....

jesser said:
you are right.....stated on the poster.....did not view that earlier....what a waste. :(

Want me to post my Shirala pictures onto the net? ;) ... taken during Shriala exitibition by another group of Lama in Chinatown.

hmm... cannot take foto.... i think it's unrespect to buddhism for the point of their thinking :think:

This exibitions is interesting, I will go eventhough photography it not allow :bsmilie:

Is it because of the crowd so they don't allow photography?

Anyone going to smuggle camera into the exhibition hall?

justdoit said:
Is it because of the crowd so they don't allow photography?

Anyone going to smuggle camera into the exhibition hall?

photography is not allowed to prevent opportunists from turning photographs of Buddha's relics into superstitious collectibles and charms, which is against the aim of Buddha's teachings.

Hi folks. Photography is only allowed in hall 2, that is where the food and non religious exhibitors are. There is a big stage there where acrobatic, cultural shows are conducted all the time (at least when i was there from noon till clsoing time). Shows are interesting as there are items from Thailand, China, Mynmar, Indonesia and our own Singaporean artistes. Must say the shows are impressive and costumes are colourful and various. Not to mention .... chio gal preformers and hunky wushu artistes. Would recommend it if you like to shoot such stuff. Bring a long lens and you can do potraiture!!

As for the other halls, photography is not allowed tho i see people sneaking pics using their handphones!! Wanna take a chance .... hehe ....

I am fortunate to be one of the few official photogs for the event and have taken some pics of the exhibition. Will try to post some to share with you guys. From the religious viewpoint, the exhibits are awesome. Hope i can do them justice. Not great shots, a newbie afterall.

I am not a member of the organising committee. Just sharing ................. t :D M

I oso hope to attend this special exhibition, last year missed it as the crowd at suntex city damn long queue. :sweatsm:

tom_lim said:
Hi folks. Photography is only allowed in hall 2, that is where the food and non religious exhibitors are. There is a big stage there where acrobatic, cultural shows are conducted all the time (at least when i was there from noon till clsoing time). Shows are interesting as there are items from Thailand, China, Mynmar, Indonesia and our own Singaporean artistes. Must say the shows are impressive and costumes are colourful and various. Not to mention .... chio gal preformers and hunky wushu artistes. Would recommend it if you like to shoot such stuff. Bring a long lens and you can do potraiture!!

As for the other halls, photography is not allowed tho i see people sneaking pics using their handphones!! Wanna take a chance .... hehe ....

I am fortunate to be one of the few official photogs for the event and have taken some pics of the exhibition. Will try to post some to share with you guys. From the religious viewpoint, the exhibits are awesome. Hope i can do them justice. Not great shots, a newbie afterall.

I am not a member of the organising committee. Just sharing ................. t :D M
So did the organisers use your works so far? :) Hope to see them soon :)

Photography is allowed in all halls whenever there is no uniformed people around. lol
aiya, Nokia should have a handphone model with built-in SLR.

Seeing the buddha relics is like seeing the buddha. Cannot miss this chance.

I went to the exhibition yesterday. The buddha relics are labelled as "Eye relics of Buddha", "Brain relics of Buddha" etc. Are they all from THE Buddha or are his disciples also called Buddha ?

The relics you named are that of Sakyamuni Buddha according to the various participating temples, you would have seen His disciples' relics towards the end of the stretch of relic stupas (right side of the Buddha tooth relic altar), housed in larger glass stupas, mainly large rounded relics in colours of brown, grey and white

for a moment, i thought it was blue tooth exihibition...

may make a trip to see these artifact

reno77 said:
I went to the exhibition yesterday. The buddha relics are labelled as "Eye relics of Buddha", "Brain relics of Buddha" etc. Are they all from THE Buddha or are his disciples also called Buddha ?

These relics are from Sakyamuni buddha. There are other buddhas also like amitabha but they are not from our planet that's why no chance to see their relics.

very impress with the works. really amazing at the 500 Luo han and all the different guanyin. The heng ha brothers give me a deep impression :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.