Buddha Tooth Exhibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness said:
so can i bring my stuff in and look but not take photos
??

i guess there is no law saying that you cannot bring your equipment in, but there are check points with metal sensor gates at the entry, so i am not sure if the organisers will ask to safekeep your equipment until you leave the exhibition, which i think is highly possible since they have already stated that no photography is allowed.

but even if they allow you to bring in your equipment i think it's good to keep them away from sight (needless to say even using them) as this will be a merit in itself by not encouraging others to use their handphone cameras to secretly/openly take pictures :)

but i gotta go somewhere else after tt...haha.....anyone wanna go together???

Witness said:
but i gotta go somewhere else after tt...haha.....anyone wanna go together???

yah i mean you can bring in whatever you want, but since they stated beforehand that no photography is allowed i guess you have to be prepared to be understanding enough if they really safekeep your equipment till you leave the exhibition lor, at least till you leave hall 4 and 3, yah? ;)

hmmm...dun mind tt....safe-keep....try to get someone to drive la...leave in car best...

i visited the exhibition today. reach there and start Q-ing at 1130am and it took me 3 hrs to enter the main hall where the Buddha Tooth Relics are. And another 2 hrs to see them.....so altogether 5 hrs of long Q-ing :bigeyes:. The sand Mandala is great too.....so are some other Buddha images and figures and drawings.....is really a waste that photography is not allow......but also good la....cos people mountain people sea........difficult to take photos also.

Although it's clearly stated no photography is allowed, I still see a large number of people shooting with phone-cameras. One middle aged man was shooting with a mechanical SLR he had just taken out from his bag, with flash no less. Another chap, dunno if he's official, was shooting the stage performance with a Canon camera with 70-200L. Didn't see any photogs around the buddha tooth area or the mandala area though.

Regards
CK

jesser said:
i visited the exhibition today. reach there and start Q-ing at 1130am and it took me 3 hrs to enter the main hall where the Buddha Tooth Relics are. And another 2 hrs to see them.....so altogether 5 hrs of long Q-ing :bigeyes:. The sand Mandala is great too.....so are some other Buddha images and figures and drawings.....is really a waste that photography is not allow......but also good la....cos people mountain people sea........difficult to take photos also.

I did ask the person in-charge, photography is not allowed in the hall where the buddha tooth is located. however hall 3 where the sand mandala is located is allowed for photographing... :sweat: too bad i didnt bring my camera along..

Hmm ... was there about 12:40pm and by the time into hall 5 was about 2:40pm ... take a stroll ard the exhibition area and delighted to meet my Business Law lecturer, uncle and army friends. :) Start Q again and finally saw the BUDDHA TOOTH at 4pm, a long path indeed to enlightenment ... :bsmilie:

Used my handphone to take sand Mandala ... :D

haha, I brought my camera in and managed to take a few shoots.
I didn't know that I am allowed to shoot in the queueing before seeing buddha tooth. haiz.

I asked the worker there why photography not allowed, one say don't know. the other one say "since many people snap secretly, you judge yourself lah."
So I think is due to crowd instead of the religious teaching that not allow photography.

There is a shortcut from car park to the hall without having to queue. No need to try your luck next time coz this is the last time. I am kind of pity when knowing that the sand drawing which made of 500kg of semi-precious stone will be destroyed and distributed to visitors coz I was not there when it happen.

I was working for the 5 days during the exhibition. Only started shooting on the last 2 days of the exhibition.

Very god shooting opportunity early in the morning at abour 0830hrs before the crowd comes into Hall 3 (where they sell all the things). Workers setting up the candle lights and also the Tibetian lamas around the sand mandala.

The other attreaction is of course the performances . . . i think many people were shooting the performances.

Since i shot on negatives will take a few days to get them scanned and then maybe can post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.