Buddha statue destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that from wanpao....it's really unfortunate...but I believe it's an isolated and non political or religious related...if not...chaos liao :think:

there may be religious involved,arabic tatoos were found on the guy body and arm.

zaxh81 said:
there may be religious involved,arabic tatoos were found on the guy body and arm.

Tatoos in the Thai culture is quite common ... Many believe that the tatoos are like amulets protecting the person. Since the offender was a muslim, it would not be surprising to find arabic tatoos on his body .... i don't think there is any religious motivation behind the act ...

But then again, there are still many superstitious people who believe in black magic in Thailand ....

RGDs

Well, if anyone had read the report in full, the chap was apparently a little shot in the head.

So conspiracy theories abt religious involvement can all go straight to the dumps. :bsmilie:

AReality said:
Is it possible for someone who has mental deficiency to have a religion?

Maybe he was known to be a muslim, before the mental deficiency ? When I saw the news on Channel 8 , the same Question pop up in my mind.

There have been stories about after the devotees praying to the Buddha Statue, their wishes came true . I'm wondering, after the restoration works, will the Buddha be as good as before in answering to devotee's prayers ?

As the statue was blessed by a monk in 1956 , probably he may not be around now.

Anyway, it was quite sad to hear this. :cry:

AReality said:
Is it possible for someone who has mental deficiency to have a religion?

Is it possible for someone who has mental deficiency to go out and work? :dunno:

Answer my question and u can have ur answer.

It is a misconception that the '4 faced Buddha' is part of Buddhism. The Channelnewsasia article describes the shrine as a Hindu one.

The Lianhe Wanbao article on the same incident also explains that the '4 faced Buddha' is not a Buddha.

Status
Not open for further replies.