Bubbles

bambang

Nov 28, 2010
Hi Guys,

IMG_1210-3.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?

Composition, sharpness and exposure

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image

brighter and sharper picture

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken?

I saw kids playing bubbles and they looks nice and a bit colorful under sunlight.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.

Bubbles are not really stand out, is it because of the green background or my camera setting? What is the correct way to capture a transparent object such as bubbles?

Last edited:
IMO, I would prefer the picture to be cropped tighter so that you can make the bubbles standout more and also there are too much unwanted space left and right.
Some distraction (tall lamp post) in the background. Picture is slightly underexposed. Perhaps you could try larger aperture size to blur out the background.

Exposure Time: 1/80 sec
F-Number: f/5.6
Exposure Program: Shutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating: 200
Focal Length: 41.00 mm

Last edited:
Hi fellow CSer,

I was really expecting some cute little boy or girl having fun blowing bubbles. IMHO, the picture would be far more interesting if a human subject, esp a child, were to be framed in with the bubbles being the secondary focus of interest.

Or if your focus is just lovely bubbles floating around, then it would be best done against a less distracting background, perhaps in a studio setting with a coloured or white background with tonal gradients. In this case the background is beautiful but it seems to have too much detail to allow the viewer to offer the bubbles his/her distraction-free attention. Just my two cents yeah; I'm a newbie too. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Thousands of thanks for the great comments and advises from you guys.Having larger aperture size to blur out the background plus some cute little boy or girl having fun blowing bubbles in the picture will look more interesting and meaningful . :thumbsup: